become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ecosystems_and_Habitats/Forests
Conservation and Endangered Species
Ecosystems and Habitats
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Ecosystems and Habitats: Forests
Business: Agriculture and Forestry
Science: Agriculture: Forestry
Science: Biology: Botany: Dendrology
Science: Biology: Ecology: Ecosystems: Forest
Science: Environment: Forests and Rainforests
Science: Environment: Sustainability: Agroforestry
This category in other languages:
ASB Partnership for the Tropical Forest Margins
- The goal of the organzation is to raise productivity and income of rural households in the humid tropics without increasing deforestation or undermining essential environmental services.
Amazon Conservation Team
- Focus on cultural aspects - ACT is dedicated to creating new conservation strategies by combining indigenous knowledge with Western science to understand, document and preserve the biological and cultural diversity of the Amazon.
- Nonprofit conservation organization aims to protect, restore and enhance the natural capital of trees and forests. Includes information on membership, news, campaigns and resources.
Can Our Rain Forests be Saved?
- Feature on tropical rain forests in The Watchtower (Jehovah's Witnesses).
Care2's Race For the Rain Forest
- This is a quick, easy way to help save the rain forest with a simple point and click. Each click generates a donation, paid by advertising sponsors, to The Nature Conservancy's Adopt An Acre Program.
East Maui Watershed Partnership
- EWMP works to protect East Maui's native Hawaiian rainforest and primary water source by building fenced exclosures and removing invasive species. Details of goals, projects, natural and cultural history of Maui's rainforests. Glossary of watershed management terms.
Forest Conservation: Australian Bush Heritage Fund
- Organisation that buys and then manages high-conservation private land in Australia as community-based conservation efforts.
Forests Conservation Archives and Portal
- Rainforest, Forest and Biodiversity Conservation News and Information.
- An organization which protects and enhances the forests and wildlife habitat of California through educational, legislative and electoral activities.
Global Forest - Pure Science
- Global Forest is a research-oriented, conservation biological organization. Our allegiance is to innovative, results-oriented solutions. Help ensure that basic forest science is a priority on the world's stage.
Iwokrama International Centre for Rain Forest Conservation and Development
- An autonomous international rain forest conservation, research and development organisation based in Guyana. It is set up to demonstrate how tropical forests can be sustainably managed and the biodiversity conserved. Activities in forest ecology, wildlife management, adventure tourism, carbon sequestration, participatory approaches and the use of technology such as GIS in decision making.
- Outlines the Natural Resources Defense Council's work on preserving USA forests and tackling the causes of forest destruction.
- Ideas on protection of natural forests.
Rainforest Foundation UK
- An international organization working with indigenous peoples to conserve the world's rain forests and uphold their human rights.
- USA campaign to preserve and renew forest ecosystems by developing a sustainable human ecology. News and details of programs.
Taiga Rescue Network (TRN)
- Information on boreal forest ecology and biodiversity, the cultures of the boreal regions, threats faced by boreal forests worldwide.
The Pachamama Alliance
- Dedicated to protecting the Earth's rain forests and the indigenous peoples who live within them. News and action alerts. Virtual rain forests tour.
- Dedicated to the Celebration and Preservation of America's North Pacific Rainforest
World Land Trust
- UK based conservation charity. Information about forest projects and resources for schools.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, February 11, 2010 8:54:13 PM EST -