become an editor
the entire directory
only in Climate_Change/Policy
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Environment: Climate Change: Policy
Science: Environment: Organizations: Governmental
Science: Social Sciences: Economics: Environmental Economics
Society: Issues: Environment: Climate Change
Society: Law: Legal Information: Environmental Law
Linkages - Climate and Atmosphere
- From the Canada-based International Institute for Sustainable Development Reporting Services team. Features media reports, list of key publications, and coverage of a variety of climate change meetings, including daily highlights and photos.
Austrian Council on Climate Change
- Interdisciplinary working group which aims to identify and evaluate measures relating to the prevention of global climate change. English version accessed from left hand menu.
Center for Climate Change and Environmental Forecasting
- U.S. Department of Transportation initiative. Fosters awareness of the potential links between transportation and global climate change, and formulates policies to deal with the challenges of these links.
Center for International Climate and Environmental Research (CICERO)
- Norwegian Government organisation mandated to conduct research and disseminate information on international climate issues. Site provides news, articles, and in-depth publications.
- Interactive Java applet shows effects of policy on climate. Parameters include various per-capita emissions.
- Public-private initiative in Nova Scotia, Canada, in which environmental corporations, non-governmental organizations, and government agencies find ways to incorporate climate change adaptation (CCA) management frameworks into host government environmental impact assessments.
- The Pembina Institute tracks official policy progress in Canada toward Kyoto Protocol goals, with calls to action.
- This organization of scientists and policy leaders concerned with climate change and the ozone layer has organized conferences, symposia, and ministerial briefings in thirty nations since 1997, with link to Powerpoint presentation from 2005 conference on endangered islands.
- Non-profit organization based in Olympia, Washington, US, from the 1998 merger of Atmosphere Alliance with the Energy Outreach Center, concerned with practical solutions to climate change.
CSA: Global Warming and the Kyoto Protocol
- Discussion of issues related to climate change, with links and a bibliography. Provided by Cambridge Scientific Abstracts.
Forum for the Study of Crisis in the 21st Century
- To analyse the nature of humankind's current crisis. Bringing together diverse academic and independent researchers in an independent research-based centre. Current programmes; climate change and violence, climate change and public opinion.
Global Change Impact Studies Centre
- Details about objectives, manpower, news and events, and publications.
Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change
- Provides links to publications, personnel, forums, sponsor details, job openings and contact information. Based at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.
Pew Center on Global Climate Change
- Supports a cooperative approach and brings critical scientific, economic and technological expertise to the global debate on climate change.
Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research
- Interdisplinary studies in the natural and social sciences, intended to provide a basis for advising policy makers on measures to avoid the causes, mitigate the effects, and adapt to the unavoidable consequences of global change.
Replacing fossil fuels: the scale of the problem
- Discussion about ways to replace fossil fuels. Information about wind energy, energy storage and energy efficiency is also there.
Responding to Climate Change
- A practical guide to support the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, and the Kyoto Protocol. Provides case studies on greenhouse gas mitigation and adaptation (best accessed using Acrobat).
The Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research
- UK-based interdisciplinary center seeks to engage with stakeholders and to explore and develop new technologies, lifestyles, economic instruments and regulatory mechanisms that will allow climate change to be managed.
United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- Official site for UN Climate Secretariat: Kyoto protocol, COP4 in Buenos Aires, and world emissions data.
World Bank - Global Climate Change
- Information on World Bank activities in relation to climate change, including energy strategy and the Prototype Carbon Fund.
Zero Carbon Britain
- A 2007 update of a 1977 report from the Public Interest Research Centre and the Centre for Alternative Technology in Wales, targeting zero carbon emissions by the year 2027.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 11:28:23 PM EST -