become an editor
the entire directory
only in Climate_Change/News_and_Media
News and Media
Science: Environment: Climate Change: News and Media
Climate Change News
- News portal provides links to the latest news on climate change.
- A discussion forum and newsfeed relating global weather events, geological events, vulcanism, tropical systems, global warming, climate change.
- Non-profit, non-partisan coverage of environmental and climate change topics. Articles and multimedia.
Global Climate Change: Market-Based Strategies to Reduce Greenhouse Gases
- A review of market based initiatives to combat global warming, including tradeable permits and carbon taxes. (October 01, 2002)
U.S. to Withdraw from Kyoto Global Warming Treaty
- The Bush administration plans to withdraw from the 1997 Kyoto treaty on greenhouse gas emissions, EPA Administrator Christine Todd Whitman told reporters on March 27. (March 27, 2001)
U.S. Proposes New Strategy to Fight Global Warming
- New York Times article on the U.S. proposal that countries get as much credit for using forests and farmers' fields to sop up carbon dioxide, the chief warming gas, as they would for cutting emissions from smokestacks and tail pipes. (August 02, 2000)
Arctic Shortcut Worries Canadians
- New York Times article on the possible pressures faced by Canada's Northwest Passage due to global warming. (July 29, 2000)
FluorideAlert.org: Potent and Rare Greenhouse Gas Identified
- Article on rising concentrations of a newly identified synthetic fluoride that traps heat more effectively than all other known greenhouse gases. (July 28, 2000)
New Greenhouse Gas Identified, Potent and Rare (but Expanding)
- New York Times article stating that scientists have found rising concentrations of a newly identified synthetic gas in the air that traps heat more effectively than all other known greenhouse gases. (July 28, 2000)
Breaking the Global-Warming Gridlock
- Atlantic Monthly (July 01, 2000)
Pacific Ocean Showing Signs of Major Shifts in the Climate
- New York Times article reports that changes in the Pacific Ocean are making it more likely that winter weather in much of the U.S. will exhibit unusual warmth alternating with sharp cold. (January 20, 2000)
Destructive Storms Drive Insurance Losses Up - Will Taxpayers Have to Bail Out Insurance Industry?
- Scientists now believe that rising global temperatures may exacerbate extreme weather events, leading to increased damages in the decades ahead. [WorldWatch Institute] (March 26, 1999)
Civilization - Use It or Lose It
- Audio conversation with William Calvin about rapid global climate changes. Includes related links. (February 06, 1998)
The Great Climate Flip-flop
- Could Global Warming lead to Global Cooling? Warming could lead, paradoxically, to drastic cooling -- a catastrophe that could threaten the survival of civilization. Atlantic Monthly. (January 01, 1998)
News and Media
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2014 at 7:24:02 UTC -