become an editor
the entire directory
only in Activism/Organizations
Australian Youth Climate Coalition
- Aims to educate and mobilise young Australians to take action on climate change. Project, events and media releases.
Campaign against Climate Change
- UK based group campaigning for urgent action on climate change.
- Brought together leading artists, writers, scientists, educators and media for a series of expeditions into the Arctic. Together they have endeavoured to bring home stories and artworks that tell how a warming planet is impacting on this wilderness.
Climate Action Network
- Global network of NGOs working to promote government and individual action to limit human-induced climate change to ecologically sustainable levels. Current events and actions on what you can do.
Climate Alliance of European Cities with Indigenous Rainforest Peoples
- Partnership between European local authorities and indigenous rainforest peoples with the goal of protecting the earth's atmosphere. The 850 European member cities work jointly on drawing up and implementing climate protection action plans and cooperate with the indigenous partners to preserve tropical rainforests.
Climate Change and Wildlife - National Wildlife Federation
- NWF works to protect wildlife from the impacts of climate change.
Climate Concern UK
- Provides information and co-ordination to help individuals reduce energy consumption, to form local groups to organise campaigning for mutual encouragement in achieving energy savings, and to keep up-to-date with climate change effects and research.
Climate Outreach and Information Network
- A UK charity dedicated to educating the public about climate change. Organises meetings and conferences and runs Climate Radio in partnership with Phil England.
The Climate Project
- A non-profit organization with over 2,500 volunteers trained by Al Gore to educate the public about climate change. Lists their presentation schedule, how to request a presentation, and a newsletter.
The Climate Protection Campaign
- Sonoma County, CA, USA has set a bold target for reducing emissions—25% below 1990 by 2015. The website of their Climate Protection Campaign has news and information about how they intend to meet the target.
- An international network organization, coordinated from the Centre for European Policy Studies in Brussels, supported initially by the SHELL Foundation. It is intended to support cohesive policy responses to climate change.
Close the Door
- The Close the Door campaign asks retailers in the UK to conserve energy by keeping their doors closed
David Suzuki Foundation: Climate Change
- A science-based Canadian environmental organization, specializing in global warming, sustainable forestry, salmon farming and fisheries.
ECF - European Climate Forum
- A mechanism to bring together representatives of different parties concerned with the climate problem: industry, technology, major energy users, insurance and finance sectors, environmental NGOs, and scientific experts investigating climate change and options for sustainable development.
- Both domestically and internationally, Environmental Defense works to stabilize Earth's climate by reducing the emission of greenhouse gases.
- Organization researching and promoting solutions to climate change and exposing the companies and governments that are blocking action. Lists problems, solutions, and how one can help.
Natural Resources Defense Council: Global Warming
- NRDC advocates dramatic reduction in emissions of greenhouse gases in the U.S. and abroad as well as the adoption and implementation of the Kyoto Protocol. Includes fact sheets, reports, and links.
The Presidential Climate Action Project
- A national initiative to develop and bold and decisive climate action plan for the next President of the United States.
- UK network of small groups and individuals dedicated to taking local action and building a movement against climate change.
Rising Tide North America
- The group approaches the climate change issue by challenging corporate power, social injustice, and consumerism. Rising Tide encourages non-violent direct action against the energy industry, reconnection with nature, and community-controlled, grassroots solutions.
Sierra Club Global Warming Campaign
- Fact sheets and news items on global warming, its consequences, and measures to reduce its impacts.
Stop Global Warming
- A collective working to encourage governments, corporations, and politicians take the steps necessary to stop global warming.
UK Youth Climate Coalition
- Works to inspire mobilise and unite young people in the UK around the issue of climate change. Includes details of projects and press releases.
WWF - Climate Change Campaign
- Features information and breaking news on climate change, with a focus on resources and actions.
WWF Global Climate Programme
- WWF's goal is to persuade western industrialized nations to start the process of turning down the heat. Ideas for what you can do to turn down the heat in your daily life.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 19, 2015 at 21:05:07 UTC -