become an editor
the entire directory
only in Activism/Organizations
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Environment: Climate Change: Activism: Organizations
Australian Youth Climate Coalition
- Aims to educate and mobilise young Australians to take action on climate change. Project, events and media releases.
Campaign against Climate Change
- UK based group campaigning for urgent action on climate change.
CANA - Climate Action Network Australia
- An alliance of Australian regional, state and national environmental, health, community development, and research groups focusing on the problem of climate change.
- Brought together leading artists, writers, scientists, educators and media for a series of expeditions into the Arctic. Together they have endeavoured to bring home stories and artworks that tell how a warming planet is impacting on this wilderness.
Clean Air - Cool Planet
- Non-profit organization dedicated to finding and promoting solutions to global warming. Includes resources and "toolkits" for educators.
Climate Action Network
- Global network of NGOs working to promote government and individual action to limit human-induced climate change to ecologically sustainable levels. Current events and actions on what you can do.
Climate Alliance of European Cities with Indigenous Rainforest Peoples
- Partnership between European local authorities and indigenous rainforest peoples with the goal of protecting the earth's atmosphere. The 850 European member cities work jointly on drawing up and implementing climate protection action plans and cooperate with the indigenous partners to preserve tropical rainforests.
Climate Change and Wildlife - National Wildlife Federation
- NWF works to protect wildlife from the impacts of climate change.
Climate Concern UK
- Provides information and co-ordination to help individuals reduce energy consumption, to form local groups to organise campaigning for mutual encouragement in achieving energy savings, and to keep up-to-date with climate change effects and research.
Climate Outreach and Information Network
- A UK charity dedicated to educating the public about climate change. Organises meetings and conferences and runs Climate Radio in partnership with Phil England.
The Climate Project
- A non-profit organization with over 2,500 volunteers trained by Al Gore to educate the public about climate change. Lists their presentation schedule, how to request a presentation, and a newsletter.
The Climate Protection Campaign
- Sonoma County, CA, USA has set a bold target for reducing emissions—25% below 1990 by 2015. The website of their Climate Protection Campaign has news and information about how they intend to meet the target.
- An international network organization, coordinated from the Centre for European Policy Studies in Brussels, supported initially by the SHELL Foundation. It is intended to support cohesive policy responses to climate change.
Close the Door
- The Close the Door campaign asks retailers in the UK to conserve energy by keeping their doors closed
David Suzuki Foundation: Climate Change
- A science-based Canadian environmental organization, specializing in global warming, sustainable forestry, salmon farming and fisheries.
ECF - European Climate Forum
- A mechanism to bring together representatives of different parties concerned with the climate problem: industry, technology, major energy users, insurance and finance sectors, environmental NGOs, and scientific experts investigating climate change and options for sustainable development.
Environmental Defence Society Climate Change Page
- Discussions of greenhouse warming, the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change, and the Kyoto Protocol from a New Zealand perspective. (EDS is a New Zealand NGO.)
- Both domestically and internationally, Environmental Defense works to stabilize Earth's climate by reducing the emission of greenhouse gases.
- Organization researching and promoting solutions to climate change and exposing the companies and governments that are blocking action. Lists problems, solutions, and how one can help.
Hampton Roads Cool Communities Coalition
- HR3C is working with the local governments, businesses, and communities of Hampton Roads to diminish our region's carbon footprint as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Natural Resources Defense Council: Global Warming
- NRDC advocates dramatic reduction in emissions of greenhouse gases in the U.S. and abroad as well as the adoption and implementation of the Kyoto Protocol. Includes fact sheets, reports, and links.
- UK Campaign to develop a carbon neutral economy by the year 2050 through energy efficiency, renewable technologies, micro-generation and integrated public transport
Plan B for a sustainable energy future
- Campaign for an end to UK development aid for the oil industry.
The Presidential Climate Action Project
- A national initiative to develop and bold and decisive climate action plan for the next President of the United States.
- UK network of small groups and individuals dedicated to taking local action and building a movement against climate change.
Sierra Club Global Warming Campaign
- Fact sheets and news items on global warming, its consequences, and measures to reduce its impacts.
Stop Global Warming
- A collective working to encourage governments, corporations, and politicians take the steps necessary to stop global warming.
UK Youth Climate Coalition
- Works to inspire mobilise and unite young people in the UK around the issue of climate change. Includes details of projects and press releases.
WWF - Climate Change Campaign
- Features information and breaking news on climate change, with a focus on resources and actions.
WWF Global Climate Programme
- WWF's goal is to persuade western industrialized nations to start the process of turning down the heat. Ideas for what you can do to turn down the heat in your daily life.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 20, 2014 at 6:24:07 UTC -