become an editor
the entire directory
only in Environment/Climate_Change
Chats and Forums
Climate Change Skeptics
News and Media
Science: Environment: Climate Change
Almanac of Policy Issues: Global Warming
- News, background information and links on global warming, climate change, and the 1997 Kyoto Protocol.
BBC News: Global Climate Change
- An analysis of the science and other issues behind the climate change debate, from BBC News Online.
The California Climate Action Registry
- Organization created by the State of California to encourage companies, government agencies and other organizations to voluntarily measure and report their Green House Gas emissions. Provides information about the program.
CARMA (Carbon Monitoring for Action)
- Database reveals the carbon emissions of more than 50,000 power plants and 4,000 power companies in every country on Earth, searchable by country, state, province, county, metro area, city, power company, power plant or zip code. From the Center for Global Development.
CIESIN: Human Dimensions of Global Environmental Change
- Provides thematic guides to help researchers, policy makers, educators and the public to quickly access background materials on key global change issues, and to locate key data sets and information resources.
Climate Action Network South Asia
- A global network of over Non-Governmental Organizations working to promote government and individual action to limit human induced climate change to ecologically sustainable levels.
- Climate change news and information portal and archive dedicated to promoting policy that addresses Global Climate Change through reductions in carbon emissions, energy conservation, alternative energy sources and ending deforestation.
- An overview of climate change, theories and perspectives, and notable weather patterns.
Climate Change Debate
- Climate change and global warming science, government policy, energy technology, cost and benefits debated via an unmoderated, uncensored listserve, plus research aides.
- A nonprofit organization rating corporations on their efforts towards mitigating climate change. News items, a score card, and a message forum.
Climate Effects on Human Health
- A white paper on the potential effects of future climate changes on forests and vegetation, agriculture, water resources, and human health.
- Works to protect the balance between climate and life on earth by facilitating the dialogue among scientists, policy makers, business executives and citizens.
- An Elsevier journal which aims to address the broad spectrum of policy issues raised by the prospect of changes in the global climate. Includes articles, extracts, information on authors and bibliographies.
- A liberal blog on the science, solutions, and politics of climate change. Also offers related links.
The Climate Trust
- Promotes climate change and global warming solutions by providing carbon dioxide offset projects and advancing offset policies.
Conservation for the Oceans Foundation
- Dedicated to building awareness about the oceans and climate change through the support of scientists, educators, community leaders, and local environmental organizations in over 80 countries.
Earth's Magnetic Field And How It Reverses
- White papers on the earth's magnetic field and global warming by Eugene D. Richards.
Earth's Unruly Tenant
- An essay by Jane Lubchenco about climate change and public perceptions of environmental issues.
Earthshots: Satellite Images of Environmental Change
- A global collection of Landsat images and text, designed to show environmental changes and to introduce remote sensing. Images and explanatory from every continent.
- A daily award Presented to the "worst" countries at UN climate change conferences.
Global Climate Observing System
- An organization ensuring that observations and information needed to address climate-related issues are obtained and made available to all potential users. Includes a profile, structure, publications and calendar of events.
Global Warming FAQ
- Uses reputable online resources to answer many of the commonly asked questions about climate change, including questions on whether the earth is getting warmer and whether the climate is changing.
Heating Efficiencies and Greenhouse
- A tabled comparison between different ways of home heating, and their individual effects on greenhouse gases and environmental decline.
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- The IPCC assesses the scientific, technical and socio-economic information relevant for the understanding of the risk of human-induced climate change.
International Climate Change Partnership
- Global coalition of companies and trade associations committed to constructive and responsible participation in the international policy process concerning global climate change. Includes objectives, a list of members, and literature.
International Human Dimensions
- An international, interdisciplinary, non-governmental social science programme aimed at improving understanding of human responses to global change. Includes a profile, projects, news, publications and calendar of events.
Mainstream Media and Science: Climate Change, 1995-2004
- Notes problem of media giving balanced coverage to climate change skeptics, making it appear there is significant doubt.
Massachusetts Climate Action Network
- A network of local and statewide groups dedicated to halting the threat of global climate change. Includes a profile, legislations, information on local chapters, and calendar of events.
- The Climate Protection Partnership discusses the pollution and climactic effects of air traffic, and environmentally sustainable alternatives.
OneWorld: Climate Change
- Includes news, archives and articles on this topic.
Pew Center on Global Climate Change
- Advocates taking action to arrest climate change
Plant Trees to Reduce Global Warming
- Calculations of carbon dioxide emissions are offered for various modes of travel and energy use (1 tree per 1000 kilowatt-hours, for example).
Responding to Climate Change
- Practical guide to support the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and the Kyoto Protocol. Profiles the business community's response with services and resources for greenhouse gas mitigation.
- Companion web site to the documentary "Rising Waters", which includes personal stories of Pacific Islanders and puts a human face on the international climate change debate. Includes archives, stories, white papers and information on filmmakers.
- Examines the science and arguments of global warming skepticism. Includes news, and analysis of common skeptical arguments.
Stop Climate Chaos
- A coalition of environment and development groups, faith groups, humanitarian organisations, women’s groups, and trade unions campaigning to stop climate chaos. Information about events, activities, news, and volunteer opportunities.
Stormy Weather: 101 Solutions to Global Climate Change
- Companion site to the book of the same name. Offers information on climate change, and tips for individuals, companies, municipilaties, governments and developing nations to counter this issue.
U.S. EPA - Climate Change
- Official government site provides comprehensive information on the issue of climate change and global warming including climate change science, U.S. climate policy, greenhouse gas emissions, environmental effects, and what can be done.
U.S. Global Change Research Program
- Integrates federal research on climate and global change, as sponsored by thirteen federal agencies. Provides information on US Federal policy, news, publications and resources.
Understanding Climate Change: A Primer
- Written by a scientist at The Woods Hole Research Center, these pages describe the scientific evidence, the culprits, the skeptics and the probable outcome of a world signicantly changed by human-induced climate change.
United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, UNFCCC
- official site for UN Climate Secretariat: Kyoto protocol, COP4 in Buenos Aires, world emissions data.
United States Climate Action Partnership
- A group of businesses and organizations encouraging the federal government to enact legislation for significant reduction in greenhouse gases.
Wikipedia - Global Warming
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article covers the trends, climate models, feedback, attributed and expected effects, responses, debate and skepticism.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 14, 2014 at 10:05:14 UTC -