become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Standardized_Testing
Reference: Education: Educational Testing
Reference: Education: Products and Services: Test Preparation
Society: Issues: Education: Education Reform
- Organization devoted to improving the rigor and clarity of the process of standard-setting and testing. Provides standard-setting and benchmarking services to states and districts.
- The organization responsible for the American College Test, required for admission to the public colleges in the majority of states; manages other tests and programs, too.
- The Buros Institute, publishers of The Mental Measurements Yearbook and Tests in Print, provides critical analyses of tests and testing instruments.
The College Board
- Organization representing hundreds of colleges responsible for the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT), the Advanced Placement (AP) program, and various equity efforts.
Education Consumers Clearinghouse
- Provides education's consumers access to information and opinion independent of the education community and sympathetic to the consumer's concerns and priorities.
The Education Trust
- EdTrust works for the high academic achievement of all students at all levels, kindergarten through college.
ETS: Policy Information Reports
- Several dozen research reports from the maker of the SAT, GRE and other well-known tests. Reports are authored both by ETS researchers and invited critics.
Frontline: Secrets of the SAT
- Television documentary focusing on the college-entrance Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT).
National Assessment Governing Board
- Made up of elected and appointed officials; oversees the content and operation of the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP).
The National Assessment of Educational Progress
- The "Nation's Report Card" since 1969, assessments have been conducted on national samples of schools periodically in major subject areas.
National Association of Test Directors
- An association of professionals with responsibilities for administering assessment programs in K-12 public educational settings. A selection of their research papers and newsletters are available on the site.
National Center for Fair and Open Testing
- A nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to preventing the misuse of standardized tests.
National Council on Measurement in Education
- The primary U.S. organization of measurement researchers and practitioners involved in educational testing.
OECD PISA Online
- The new Programme for International Student Assessment of the OECD, involves dozens of countries testing their 15 year olds' skills and knowledge as they approach the end of compulsory education.
An On-line, Interactive, Computer Adaptive Testing Tutorial
- Lawrence Rudner has set up a mock CAT to illustrate how they work, with many citations at the end for further reading.
- Site maintained by Peter Sacks, author of books and articles about standardized testing, intelligence testing and achievement testing in education and the workplace.
Practical Assessment, Research, and Evaluation
- This on-line journal provides education professionals access to refereed articles that can have a positive impact on assessment, research, evaluation, and teaching practice.
- Personal site of Richard Phelps which reviews over the books he has written and several other resources.
Right Answer, Wrong Score: Test Flaws Take Toll
- Article accusing test development companies of inadequate staffing, quality control, and poor execution. Requires registration.
TIMSS and PIRLS International Study Center at Boston College
- Home of the TIMSS: Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study and PIRLS: Progress in International Reading Literacy Study.
When a Test Fails the Schools, Careers and Reputations Suffer
- Article accusing a testing company of making scoring mistakes and then covering them up. New York Times. Requires registration. (May 21, 2001)
The Evils of Mandatory Testing
- As home schooling grows as a movement, there is increasing political pressure to legislate and control home schoolers. (May 06, 2001)
GI Forum, et al. v. Texas: Psychometric Evidence
- Description of a legal case testing whether testing unfairly discriminates against minorities. [PDF] (November 01, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 17, 2015 at 5:15:07 UTC -