become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/School_Choice
Reference: Education: K through 12: Home Schooling
Reference: Education: Methods and Theories: Learning Theories: Charter Schools
Society: Issues: Church-State Relations: Public Schools
Society: Issues: Education: Education Reform
4Choice - School Choice without Vouchers
- Presentation of a model legislation that lets parents choose the school.
Alliance for the Separation of School and State
- Argues against the interference by government in education.
Black Alliance for Education Options
- Supports empowering low income black families with school choice.
Center for Education Reform
- Advocacy, statistics, resources and guidance on education reform issues and action at the school, district, state and national levels, from School Choice, charter schools, and educational entrepreneurialism to high academic standards, teacher professionalism and local control.
Charter Schools Development Center (CSDC)
- Provides technical assistance, training, and resources to charter school developers, operators, charter-granting agencies, and policy makers in California, nationally, and internationally.
Charter Schools Kiwi-style
- A former member of New Zealand's Parliament describes the reforms in his country.
Cost of Education
- Cato Institute study: What Would a Voucher Buy. Documents the cost of public and private education.
Educational Policy Institute
- Documented inside information on PTA and teacher unions. Education research and policy analysis from a public choice and pro-market perspective, plus expert revelations on teacher unions, collective bargaining in education, PTA issues, and education reform matters.
Excellent Education for Everyone
- Collection of articles in favour of school choice by the coalition of New Jersey citizens.
The Friedman Foundation for Educational Choice
- A foundation established by Nobel Prize winning economist Milton Friedman. Advocates restructuring the education system to ensure educational service competition and free choice.
Michigan Union Accountability Act:
- Mackinac Center for Public Policy takes aim at teacher unions as the main barrier to School Choice. See study, proposed legislation, and other policy research.
Resources for Teachers Needing Help
- The American Society for Ethics in Education offers resources for teachers.
Rethinking Schools -- Special Section on Vouchers
- Large collection of articles and opinion pieces expressing or supporting the view that voucher programs are an assault on public education, are less effective than claimed, and will undermine the separation of church and state.
Scholastic Achievement and Demographic Characteristics of Home School Students
- A large study comparing home school students and their counterparts.
School Choice Programs: What's Happening in the States
- This conservative research facility publishes details and statistics on each state's School Choice efforts, and maintains links to many other Choice sites.
School Choice Research - Harvard University Index
- Program on Education Policy and Governance presents research papers and executive summaries on the results of innovative US policies.
School Choice Research - Manhattan Institute Index
- Comprehensive summary of education reform policy studies published by their Center for Civic Innovation.
School Choice Wisconsin
- Provides information on the impact of school choice on families, communities, and schools.
School Choice: Good for Teachers
- A teacher explores reasons why Choice will increase demand and salaries for good teachers.
School Vouchers: The Wrong Choice for Public Education
- Anti-Defamation League says vouchers pose a threat to their values. These programs subvert the constitutional principle of separation of church and state and threaten to undermine the current system of public education.
Universal Tuition Tax Credit
- Mackinac Center for Public Policy - "Proposal to Advance Parental Choice in Education". Also available as a 76 page download.
Virtual Charters: Public Schooling at Home
- K12, a Virtual charter school led by former education secretary, Bill Bennett, provides free curriculum, computers and connections for homeschoolers.
WorldNetDaily: Vouching for Liberty by Alan Keyes
- Article by the conservative commentator proposing public school choice in the United States without vouchers.
FOXNews - Are Parents Boycotting Public Schools?
- The article describes the movement of taking kids out of public schools. (May 07, 2002)
Faith In Public Schools Fades
- African-American parents with children in Georgia public schools are more likely than white parents to think private companies should run those facilities. (October 02, 1999)
Why School Vouchers Can Help Inner-City Children
- The Manhattan Institute feature article by The Honorable Kurt L. Schmoke, Mayor of Baltimore "The City That Reads." (August 01, 1999)
Jews and School Choice
- The article shows the problem from a jewish point of view. (January 26, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 30, 2015 at 15:40:35 UTC -