become an editor
the entire directory
only in Literacy/Information_Literacy
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Education: Literacy: Information Literacy
Computer Mediated Communication
Evaluation of Web Sites
Intellectual Property and Plagiarism
The Digital Divide
Reference: Libraries: Library and Information Science: User Services: Information Literacy
21st Century Information Fluency Project Portal
- Designed to train users in the knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary to fully understand Information Fluency. Focuses on teaching people how to locate, evaluate, and integrate digital information.
Cult of the Palm Pilot
- This essay appears on the Boston Phoenix webpage. Dan Kennedy reflects on the changes in literacy practices that palm computing makes possible.
First Monday: Technology and Education
- This article deals with the mainstreaming of technology into the education system and the chaos that often ensues, the benefits of this change, and how it might be managed.
Free at Last: The Future of Peer-Reviewed Journals
- Stevan Harnad in this D-Lib Magazine piece argues for self-archiving of scholarly work.
FutureKids of South Florida
- This organization is dedicated to "Helping teachers and children around the world master the power of the computer" along with providing "technology education solution for public and private schools as well as other organizations". FutureKids also offers computer classes for anyone: from the whiz kid to the adventurous grandparent.
The Gutenberg Elegies
- Excerpts from the printed book _The Gutenberg Elegies_ by Sven Birkerts. Concerning the ways language and thought change together in a little dance.
Higher Education in the Information Age
- 1997 symposium about the technological future and new models for delivery of education; new markets, competition, opportunities, issues, and business relationships in education; and the future of the undergraduate experience. Participant background and program details.
Information Communication Technology in New Zealand
- Supports the integration of Information Communication Technology and Information Literacy across the curriculum. It outlines the SAUCE model for research and problem solving and aims to provide articles and resources to encourage higher thinking in the classroom.
International Society for Technology in Education
- ISTE is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting the use of information technology to aid in learning, teaching of K-12 students and teachers. A major goal of the organization is to bridge the "digital divide".
- Offers practical support for media education in the home, school and community and "food for thought"on our fast-evolving media culture.
National Educational Technology Standards
- Provides educators with criteria to use and factors to consider for better implementation of technology in public education.
Structuring writing for reading: hypertext and the reading body.
- This paper examines some textual devices that writers may use to pre-structure the activities of their readers. HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is used as an 'explicating device' to explore how writers can provide reading instructions, and how these can be experienced by readers. Structuring devices like paragraphs and sections, and hypertextual elements like notes and references are investigated in detail. In this way, the paper aspires to contribute to 'an ethnomethodology of textual practices'. - Abstract from Article
TechMission: Association of Christian Community Computer Centers (AC4)
- Nondenominational organization which supports Christian community computer access and skills centers around the world, seeking to make churches and Christian organizations a driving force in computer literacy. Descriptions of programs, events, and resources available.
- Quotes from managers, professionals, consultants, journalists, futurists, and educators regarding the digital revolution, digital dawn, information highway, and Internet.
Technology Issues for Educators
- Teams of educators participating in an online course developed a set of white papers on how new information and communication technologies affect schools. They produced educators' guides to Access Issues, Credibility and Web Evaluation, Free Speech versus Censorship, Privacy, Commercialism, Intellectual Property, Copyright, Plagiarism, Computer Crime and Technology Misuse.
- Dedicated to publishing teen writing, as well as book reviews by teenagers. Teachers and parents of adolescents will find useful information. Teen and teacher discussions, author home pages, and more
Tella: Virtual School in a Networking Learning Environment
- The present paper describes factors that have facilitated the transformation of industrial societies to information and network societies; the possibilities of virtual school as a future-oriented school form; the tools of the new information and communication technology; and global networking as a framework for the learning environment.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 20, 2013 at 0:53:10 UTC -