become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Literacy
Arts: Education: Language Arts: English: English as a Second Language
Arts: Education: Language Arts: Reading Instruction
Applied Scholastics: Opening the Doors to Learning
- Acclaimed as a major breakthrough in education by specialists and lay practitioners alike, the Applied Scholastics approach developed by L. Ron Hubbard is called Study Technology.
Barksdale Reading Institute
- Designed to dramatically improve the reading skills of children through a systematic and direct implementation of a research-based reading reform model.
- A non-profit organization seeking to inspire a love of books and reading in all children. Based in Nashville, Tennessee.
Literacy and Education
- "This page has assorted links to papers on literacy and education, as well as links to several related gopher archives."
- University of Pennsylvania site concerning literacy for researchers, policymakers, and practitioners worldwide.
- A collaborative environment for literacy-related resources including news, discussions, field-generated documents and mailing lists.
National Center for Family Literacy
- Details about initiatives, research and statistics on literacy, newsletter, projects, a FAQ, press releases, and links to community programs.
National Center for the Study of Writing and Literacy
- California's Berkeley hosts the research consortium called NCSWL, aimed at understanding how writing is best learned and taught--from the early years through adulthood. Completed research, workshops and publications as well as researchers are covered.
New Literacy Through Technology
- Is technology developing a whole new kind of literacy? Once-literate people may find themselves classified as illiterate according to this new system.
Reading Is Fundamental, Inc. (RIF)
- America's largest non-profit children's and family literacy organization.
Room To Read
- Serves children in Nepal and Vietnam, and was founded on the belief that education is the key to breaking the cycle of poverty and taking control of one's own life.
NYTimes.com - When Backyards Were Laboratories
- Scientific literacy begins at home. [Requires free NYTimes.com registration to view.] (May 19, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 30, 2013 at 18:15:08 UTC -