become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Grade_Inflation
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Education: Grade Inflation
Changes in High School Grading Standards in Mathematics, 1982-1992
- A research report that concludes no inflation occurred over the duration of the report. Includes a free download.
- Analyzes data from around the United States over time.
The Curse of the Easy A
- A brief essay on the damage that grade inflation or making a class too easy can create.
The Dangerous Myth of Grade Inflation
- Covers the inaccuracy of statistics in comparison with the 1970s. Also compares rising scores to falling SATs.
The Initiative to End Grade Inflation
- Proposes an alternative numerical system for higher education. Covers teaching techniques, problem discussion, and plans of action.
The Christian Science Monitor: Grade Inflation Is Not a Victimless Crime
- Explains that students need an accurate synopsis of their performance. (May 04, 2004)
NPR Talk of the Nation : Grade Inflation
- The faculty at Princeton University recently decided to limit the number of 'A' grades. Join NPR's Neal Conan and guests to discuss grade inflation and possible remedies to it. [32:49 streaming audio broadcast] (May 04, 2004)
NPR : Princeton Takes Steps to Fight 'Grade Inflation'
- NPR's Anthony Brooks reports on how Princeton University is taking steps to reverse the trend of so-called grade inflation. [3:41 streaming audio broadcast] (April 28, 2004)
MSN: Don't Worry About Grade Inflation
- Article by Jordan Ellenberg argues that trends in work can be examined over several years. (October 02, 2002)
NYTimes.com: Harvard Committee Works to Restore the Honor of the B Plus
- Addresses grade inflation issues at Harvard over the years. [Requires free registration to view.] (April 21, 2002)
NPR : Harvard Grade Inflation
- Student's grades at Harvard University have soared in the last 10 years. According to a report issued Tuesday by the dean of undergraduate education, nearly half of the grades issued last year were A's or A-minuses. Linda Wertheimer talks with Susan Pedersen, Dean of Undergraduate Education and a Professor of History at Harvard University, about grade inflation. [4:39 streaming audio broadcast] (November 21, 2001)
The Guardian: Inquiry Into Exam Grade Inflation Claims
- Covers the systamatic reduction of standards on the GCSE to return better results. (August 31, 2001)
Fiscal Policy Effects on Grade Inflation
- Written by Richard Barndt on fiscal and budgetary causes. (July 06, 2001)
- Article by Harvard professor Harvey Mansfield. Discusses causes. (April 06, 2001)
The Boston Phoenix: The Great Grade-Inflation Lie
- Analysis by Tom Scocca on statements made by professors that "skip logic class." (April 23, 1998)
Jacksonville.com: Thousands of Students Victims of 'Grade Inflation'
- Covers experiences of change in the expectations of students. (June 22, 1997)
Grade Inflation: The Current Fraud
- Study by M. Thomas and William Bainbridge finds prevalent inflation in poor performing schools. (February 01, 1997)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 7:54:24 AM EDT -