become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education_Reform/Higher_Education_Reform
Higher Education Reform
Reference: Education: Colleges and Universities
Society: Issues: Education: Sports
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Free Speech
Society: Issues: Language: Political Correctness
American Council of Alumni and Trustees
- Committed to academic excellence and freedom of expression in higher education.
Coalition for Higher Education Act Reform
- Recommends revision of the U.S. Higher Education Act which denies or delays financial aid to students with drug offenses.
The Collegiate Way: Residential Colleges and Higher Education Reform
- Reforming campus life by dividing large universities into small residential colleges like those at Oxford and Cambridge.
- Dedicated to commentary on the state of American academe.
Discourse on Shamefulness
- An essay that argues for the traditional literary canon at the English Department in the University of Houston.
Foundation for Individual Rights in Education
- "FIRE is a nonprofit educational foundation devoted to free speech, individual liberty, religious freedom, the rights of conscience, legal equality, due process, and academic freedom" in American universities.
Higher Education Act: Reauthorization Status and Issues
- A review of U.S. federal education policy, including the Higher Education Act, Pell Grants, student loans, teacher training, and distance education.
The Irascible Professor
- Irreverent commentary on the state of education in America today, by Dr. Mark H. Shapiro and guest writers.
The National Academy for Academic Leadership
- The academy educates academic decision makers to be leaders institutional change that improves student learning. Administrators and faculty will develop the knowledge and skills to effect systemic institutional change.
Pope Center for Higher Education Policy
- North Carolina-based public policy organization publishing articles and reports on how to improve American higher education.
Rutgers After Lawrence: Reforming a Once-Great University
- Faculty essay on the reforms needed at Rutgers University to strengthen academics and reduce the destructive impact of Division I athletics.
The Shadow University: The Betrayal of Liberty of America's Campuses
- How university administrators, particularly in campus student affairs divisions, have abridged the civil liberties of students and faculty members, and what can be done to redress the problem.
Society for Academic Freedom and Scholarship
- Goals, activities, newsletter, membership info, and articles on current issues from SAFS, which seeks to uphold academic freedom and high standards against political correctness at universities in Canada.
Student Diversity Program at Cal State Fullerton
- The SDP is designed to address the retention of "At Risk" students. Using unconventional methods of intervention, SDP has demonstrated over 90% success at California State University, Fullerton.
A Student's-Eye View of Education's Fall and Decline
- Explores why a more innovative and progressive approach to education is held back by an institutional mindset that is threatened by, and even hostile to, revolutionary changes.
- A radical proposal arguing that schools such as the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, which have many ties to wealthy corporations, should not charge their students tuition.
The New 'U' - Forbes.com
- Derek Bok, former president of Harvard, discusses the quality of American university education and how it can be significantly improved. (April 01, 2006)
- Dedicated to commentary on the state of American academe. [RSS]
Higher Education Reform
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 20, 2013 at 0:16:50 UTC -