become an editor
the entire directory
only in Bilingual_Education/News_and_Media
News and Media
Reference: Education: K through 12: Bilingual Education: Practice
Reference: Education: Organizations: Bilingual Education
Society: Issues: Education: Bilingual Education: Policy and Legislation
100 Protest Initiative to End Bilingual Teaching
- Los Angeles Times
Hundreds Wait for Bilingual Education
- Los Angeles Times - Hundreds of students whose parents have petitioned for bilingual education in the Los Angeles school system are in limbo while principals try to arrange bilingual classes.
Massnews.com - Bilingual Education Troubled Program
- Massachusetts has over 40,000 bilingual education students, and is one of only nine states in the US to require bilingual education in all districts where there is a sufficient number of students who are not proficient in English.
Opinions Vary on Studies That Back Bilingual Classes
- Los Angeles Times. As the debate over bilingual education bounds toward a spring ballot initiative, two studies scheduled to be released today land on the side of teaching children in their native language first, then gradually switching to English. However, critics of bilingual education and even some supporters raised questions about the studies.
Twisted Tongues: The Failure of Bilingual Education
- Article by Rosalie Pedalino Porter of the READ Institute arguing that bilingual education represents a radically departure from treatment of earlier generations of immigrant children and a form of segregation.
The Pros of Bilingual Education
- Commentary by Domenico Maceri, The Denver Business Journal. (June 07, 1999)
The Case Against Biligual Education
- Atlantic Monthly: Why even Latino parents are rejecting bilingual education. (May 01, 1998)
Loco, Completamente Loco
- Reason magazine: The many failures of bilingual education. (January 01, 1998)
U.S. Bilingual Education Funds Ruled Out for Ebonics Speakers
- Washington Post article about the Clinton administration's declaration of "black English" as a form of slang, and therefore programs which teach otherwise cannot do so with federal money intended for bilingual education. (December 25, 1996)
News and Media
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 9, 2014 at 5:15:05 UTC -