become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sanctions/Iraq
Effects on Health
News and Media
Oil for Food
Sanctions as War
Weapons of Mass Destruction
Regional: Middle East: Iraq
Society: Issues: Peace
Society: Issues: Poverty: Hunger
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Weapons: Depleted Uranium: Used in Iraq
Barbarians at the Gates
- The Iraqis are the latest in a long series of peoples dehumanised and destroyed by "Western civilisation", writes Edward Said. (March 01, 1999)
Campaign Against Sanctions on Iraq
- Details of the society campaigning to lift the U.N. sanctions against Iraq. Includes information about the sanctions, the society, and their activities.
International War Crimes Tribunal: US War Crimes against Iraq
- Includes use of outlawed weapons; intentionally bombing schools, hospitals, mosques and churches; killing after a cease-fire; and starvation of citizens.
- Johanna Berrigan, a Catholic Worker lay person out of Philadelphia, is used to working with poor people, but she wasn't prepared for a "death row for infants" that she found in Baghdad hospitals.
Without Medicine And Supplies, The Children Die
- Iraq medical staff must decide who will live and who will die because sanctions prevent ordinary medical supplies from reaching the war torn country. AP article in the Hartford Courant. (October 23, 2000)
Usenet soc.culture.iraq -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 18, 2007 at 9:05:55 UTC -