become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cuba/Opposing_Views
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Economic: Sanctions: Cuba: Opposing Views
Background on the U.S. Blockade Against Cuba
- Analysis and opinion from prominent US citizens describing impact of boycott on children and medical patients.
Cuban American Commission for Family Rights
- Miami-based organization which opposed 2004 restrictions on family visits and remittances. Articles and press releases in English and in Spanish.
Let Cuba Live
- Brunswick, Maine-based organization working to bring medicines and other necessities to Cuba while educating U.S. citizens about the effects of the blockade. Position papers, opinions, and upcoming events.
No War on Cuba
- Washington, DC-based coalition advocating for US non-interference in Cuban affairs. Lists members and action opportunities, with background information.
Trade Embargo In and Castro Out
- Commentary by Ian Vásquez and L. Jacobo Rodríguez, director and assistant director of the Project on Global Economic Liberty at the Cato Institute, argues against the Helms-Burton Act and the Cuban trade embargo. (Dec 1996)
Report from Havana: Time for a Reality Check on U.S. Policy toward Cuba
- Cato Institute analysis suggesting removal of the US economic sanctions. Abstract available in HTML format; complete report available as a PDF file. (October 31, 2001)
The Labyrinth Of The Minotaur
- Cuban American National Alliance speaks out against the trade embargo, which is economic warfare against the Cuban people, not Castro. (January 19, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 24, 2013 at 5:45:14 UTC -