become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sanctions/Cuba
Regional: Caribbean: Cuba: Business and Economy
Regional: Caribbean: Cuba: Society and Culture: Issues
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Issues: Foreign Policy
Society: Activism: Regional: Caribbean: Cuba
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Regional: Caribbean: Cuba
Case Studies in Sanctions and Terrorism
- Scholarly analysis from the Institute for International Economics includes timeline through 1999 of sanctions with intended goals, responses of other governments, and assessment of economic impact and success in achieving goals.
- From the US Treasury Department. Describes intent of embargo, with summary of regulations on travel, gifts, investments, and trade, and links to enabling legislation.
The US Blockade of Cuba
- Annotated links to mid-90's articles and interviews on impact of the embargo. Mostly English, some Spanish.
Senate Hears Divergent Cuba Views
- Defenders of the four-decade-old US embargo against Cuba said it has helped decimate the once-powerful Cuban military, while opponents said it has actually kept Castro in power. (March 10, 1999)
- Transcript of opening remarks and English-language portion of question and answer session where then-Secretary of State Albright announces changes in US policy. (March 20, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 18, 2014 at 4:31:12 UTC -