become an editor
the entire directory
only in Economic/Privatization
Public Private Partnerships
Charity and Volunteerism
- Information about the creation of the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives, a program designed to privatize some social services by using nonprofit organizations. Provided by the Almanac of Policy Issues, a project of Policy News Publishing.
How and Why to Privatize Federal Lands
- Policy analysis by Cato Institute describes failures of the government to provide good land stewardship, criteria for reform efforts, and a blueprint for auctioning off all public lands over 20 to 40 years. Published December 1999.
Michigan Privatization Report
- Quarterly periodical of articles and book reviews, addressing topics such as the Michigan Civilian Conservation Corps, notable attempts at privatization, outsourcing, and the public schools in Grand Rapids. Provided by the Mackinac Center for Public Policy.
PB - Privatization Barometer
- Examines privatization news in Europe and worldwide.
Privatization: All in Favor of Privatization, Raise Your Hand
- Articles and book reviews related to privatization in Michigan. Published by Mackinac Center for Public Policy, Spring 2002.
Privatize the DMV
- Report presents the case for privatizing the Department of Motor Vehicles, and gives working models in other states. Authored by Patrick Hazel; published by the Cascade Policy Institute in January, 1997.
Public Services International Research Unit (PSIRU)
- Research unit focusing on privatization of public services in water, energy, waste management and healthcare, including the role of multinational companies and of international institutions, especially the EU and the World Bank.
Reason Foundation: Privatization
- Provides practical research and analysis, how-to guides, case studies, and reports designed to inform elected officials on how to streamline government.
Setting the Privatization Record Straight
- Policy commentary by Mackinac Center for Public Policy responds to several objections to education privatization. Published August 1999.
- Activist organization in the Philippines working against privatization. Includes positions, members, and photo gallery showing events in 2000.
Union Launches Anti-Privatization Campaign
- Brief article describing the campaign by the American Federation of Government Employees to oppose privatization. (September 07, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 16, 2015 at 12:45:08 UTC -