become an editor
the entire directory
only in News_and_Media/Commentaries
News and Media
Everyday Orthodoxy: Questioning Democracy in the Age of Globalization
- Commentary on how we go about questioning globalization and the organization of society.
- Jim Hightower commentary contending that globalization represents "a global corporate coup against We the People to seize power so that they might reign as sovereigns."
Is "globalization" exaggerated? Fad vs. reality
- Shows how international trade is not much more important now than it was a century ago, and documents the "new global economy" media fad.
Liberalization Dogma Shipwrecked
- By Serge Halmi.Article from Le Monde Diplomatique (1998) contending the worldwide financial crisis was result of basic flaw of free-market beliefs.
Lost Profits: The Relationship between Corporate Profit and International Trade
- Anti-Free Trade site which explores the relationship between free trade and lost profit.
No Trade, No Gain
- Trying to stifle free trade would also stifle innovation and progress, contends article by John V. Nye in Reason magazine.
- Articles by freelance economics writer, former special adviser to WTO director-general Mike Moore and Economist journalist, currently writing a book about globalisation.
Globalization: A Computerworld Special Report
- Discussion and links about Globalization, focusing on Information Technology issues, as businesses move onto the world stage. (January 11, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 20, 2014 at 17:25:20 UTC -