become an editor
the entire directory
only in Free_Trade_Area_of_the_Americas/News_and_Media
Free Trade Area of the Americas
News and Media
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Economic: International: Trade: Free Trade Area of the Americas: News and Media
Society: Issues: Economic: International: Trade: News and Media
A-infos Radio: Interview with Jaggi Singh of the CLAC
- Interview with Jaggi Singh about topics including the anti-globalization movement, FTAA, the Quebec City Protests in April, and American Imperialism. Downloads in MP3 format.
Center for Media Alternatives to Quebec (CMAQ) 2001
- Editorials, articles and coverage of what's happening before, during and after the Quebec 2001 Summit.
Summit Under Siege
- Police and anti-globalisation protesters in Quebec fight into the early hours, delaying the official opening of the pan-American summit. [BBC News]
Will Free Trade Kill Democracy?
- Coverage of the protesters, and how free trade impacts the countries that sign the agreements. [Salon.com] (April 23, 2001)
NY Times: Demonstrators at the Summit Are Greeted With Tear Gas
- The Summit of the Americas got under way in this fortified city today with 34 leaders passing through color guards and red-coated Mounties inside the delegates' hall, while outside hooded protesters tangled with riot policemen under billowing clouds of tear gas. By Anthony DePalma. [Free registration required.] (April 20, 2001)
Wired: Hacktivists Target Trade Summit
- A coalition of cyber-protesters plan to flood 28 websites associated with this weekend's free trade negotiations at the Summit of the Americas with page requests and e-mail messages. By Jeffrey Benner. (April 20, 2001)
News and Media
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 14, 2014 at 2:00:50 UTC -