become an editor
the entire directory
only in Advocacy/Legal
Society: Law: Services: Lawyers and Law Firms: Disabilities Law
Society: Law: Services: Lawyers and Law Firms: Education Law
- Provides advocacy services relating to all aspects of the Disability Discrimination Act.
The ARC of New Jersey
- Information on mental retardation including links dealing with special education, advocacy, and other self help organizations.
Arizona Center for Disability Law
- Provides free legal assistance for certain disability issues.
Autism and PDD Network
- Information about Autism spectrum disorders.
Brain Injury Association USA Home Page
- Promotes awareness, understanding and prevention of brain injury through education, advocacy, research grants and community support services that lead toward reduced incidence and improved outcomes of children and adults with brain injuries.
Center For Public Representation
- A non-profit public interest law firm that seeks to improve the quality of lives of people with mental illness and other disabilities through the systemic enforcement of their legal rights.
Consortium for Appropriate Dispute Resolution in Special Education
- Providing technical assistance and serving as an information clearinghouse on dispute resolution in special education. Funded by the Office of Special Education Programs at the United States Department of Education.
Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund Inc.
- Law and policy center in disability civil rights that has information about the ADA as well as other laws protecting the rights of the disabled, including the educationally disabled.
The Freedom of Information Act: A User's Guide
- Brochure provides a general description of the federal Freedom of Information Act ("FOIA") and specific guidelines on how to use it effectively.
A Guide to Disability Rights Laws
- The Department of Justice presents an overview of Federal civil rights laws ensuring equal opportunity for people with disabilities, including the Individuals with Disability Education Act and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Contains the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Amendments of 1997, the source law for many of the rights of the disabled student.
Internet Special Education Resources
- A nationwide directory of professionals who serve the learning disabilities and special education communities.
Kids Together, Inc.
- Information and resources on inclusion, children and adults with disabilities, and advocacy suggestions based upon current law.
National Disability Rights Network
- Nationwide network of congressionally mandated, legally based disability rights agencies.
- NICHCY is a national information center that provides information on disabilities and disability related issues, focusing on children and youth, birth to age 22.
Special Education Action Committee
- A non-profit training and information center in Alabama helping parents and their children with disabilities to participate in the individualized education program process.
Special Education Law Blog
- Discusses case law and news. Includes archives, case summaries, assistive technology, parent advocacy, and tip of the month. Located in Chicago, Illinois.
Special Education Parent's Advocacy Link
- Advocates for parents in the public schools in Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska with children with learning disabilities, Down Syndrome, autism and special needs.
Statewide Parent Advocacy Network of New Jersey (SPAN)
- A parent-advocacy network providing training, assistance, and support to parents of disabled children. The program administered by parents, and is free of charge.
Tourette Syndrome Association of Greater Washington
- Information, support and resources to families, individuals and professionals dealing with Tourette Syndrome, Attention Deficit Disorder and Obsessive Compulsive Disorders. Self help and advocacy resources also provided.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 26, 2015 at 12:39:51 UTC -