become an editor
the entire directory
only in Disabilities/Advocacy
Health: Mental Health: Organizations
Health: Mental Health: Policy and Advocacy
Society: Issues: Health: Mental Health: Anti-Psychiatry Organizations
Society: Law: Services: Lawyers and Law Firms: Disabilities Law
- An Austin, Texas based non profit organization that represents the disabled community, including special education.
Advocating Change Together
- A member-controlled organization, run by and for persons with developmental and other disabilities.
American Disabled for Attendant Programs Today (ADAPT)
- We are fighting so people with disabilities can live in the community with real supports instead of being locked away in nursing homes and other institutions.
Auto Workers Press
- This site is created to specialize in disabled auto workers rights and to be an advocate for auto workers who are being discriminated against, on the basis of disability, by their employers.
Axis Disability Rights Website
- Articles, videos, recommended readings on Disability Rights, Inclusive Education,Euthanasia, Abuse, Injustice and other related topics.
Bazelon Center for Mental Health Laws
- Legal advocacy for the civil rights and human dignity of people with mental disability.
- About a self advocate who is currently People First President in Ridgecrest, California, making a difference.
Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities
- A coalition of approximately 100 national disability organizations working together to advocate for national public policy that ensures the self-determination, independence, empowerment, integration and inclusion of children and adults with disabilities in all aspects of society.
Council for Disability Rights
- Advancing rights and enhancing lives for people with disabilities in Chicago, Illinois. Articles on advocating for yourself and coping with the system.
Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates (COPAA)
- An independent, nonprofit, tax-exempt organization of attorneys, advocates and parents established to improve the quality and quantity of legal assistance for parents of children with disabilities.
Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund Inc.
- A national law and policy center dedicated to protecting and advancing the civil rights of people with disabilities through legislation, litigation, advocacy, technical assistance, and education and training of attorneys, advocates, persons with disabilities, and parents of children with disabilities.
Disabled Peoples' International
- A grassroots,cross-disability network with member organizations in over 110 countries, over half of which are in the developing world.
- Personal web site of public policy analyst Laura Remson Mitchell. Primary focus is on health-care reform and disability policy. Includes original articles and commentary as well as advocacy links.
- NICHCY is a national information center that provides information on disabilities and disability related issues, focusing on children and youth, birth to age 22.
Not Dead Yet!
- Disability activists opposed to the legalization of assisted suicide.
Self Advocates Becoming Empowered (SABE)
- To ensure that people with disabilities are treated as equals and that they are given the same decisions, choices, rights, responsibilities, and chances to speak up to empower themselves; opportunities to make new friends; and to learn from their mistakes.
Sprint Project Connect
- A wireless phone donation and recycling program, to raise money and support for people with disabilities.
TASH - Disability Advocacy Worldwide
- An international association of people with disabilities, their family members, other advocates, and professionals fighting for a society in which inclusion of all people in all aspects of society is the norm.
Washington Speech and Hearing Association
- Advocates for the communicatively impaired, speech-language pathologists and audiologists.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 23, 2013 at 20:17:38 UTC -