become an editor
the entire directory
only in Crime_and_Justice/Juvenile_Justice
Crime and Justice
White House Boys
Society: Crime: Prisons: Juvenile
Society: Crime: Research: Juvenile Justice
Society: Law: Legal Information: Juvenile Law
The Beat Within
- A publication of writing and art from inside juvenile hall.
Frontline: Juvenile Justice
- PBS Frontline's examination of whether serious young offenders should go to the criminal justice system to be tried as adults, or be handled in the juvenile justice system.
Frontline: Little Criminals
- PBS Frontline's report on the treatment of very young offenders.
Juvenile Prosecutors Are Not Criminal Prosecutors
- An article arguing that the role of juvenile prosecutors is different from the role of criminal prosecutors.
Juveniles on Alabama's Death Row.
- Information on juveniles on Alabama's death row, and an argument that juveniles should not be executed.
Juveniles Tried and Sentenced as Adults
- Links to articles, agencies, organizations and websites dealing with whether juveniles should be tried and sentenced as adults.
National Center for Mental Health and Juvenile Justice
- Information arguing the mental health needs of youth in the juvenile justice system are not being met, and suggestions for how to better serve delinquent youth with mental health problems.
The National Center on Education, Disability and Juvenile Justice
- Information arguing that minors with disabilities are overrepresented in the juvenile justice system, and suggestions on how to properly handle such cases.
Resources for Change in Juvenile Justice with Young People
- Resources on juvenile injustice to motivate young people who aren't locked up to fight for those who are incarcerated.
The W. Haywood Burns Institute
- National organization working to reduce overrepresentation of youth of color in the juvenile justice system.
CYA Goes to Reform School
- Article explaining the reforms the California Youth Authority is undertaking following a court settlement, and explaining why California is adopting a Missouri model for youth corrections. (December 30, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 2, 2015 at 21:05:10 UTC -