become an editor
the entire directory
only in Death_Penalty/Supporting_Views
Crime and Justice
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Crime and Justice: Death Penalty: Supporting Views
This category in other languages:
- Contains case information for scheduled execution, a collection of links, issue debates, and current news articles.
Bring Back Capital Punishment
- A Canadian group trying to gain public support for their cause. Offers petitions and a forum.
Bronson: Still Guilty
- Peter Bronson challenges the assertion that innocent people are executed.
- The opinions of Errol McInnes, a Florida resident. Includes the account of a family member on their murdered child.
- Article by Kerby Anderson that examines Old Testament law and New Testament principles regarding capital punishment.
- Short essay in defense of capital punishment.
Casey's Critical Thinking: The Death Penalty
- Article written by Casey Carmical on capital punishment as a morally acceptable punishment.
- An examination of alleged cases of wrongful conviction from false confessions by law professor Paul G. Cassell.
God and the Death Penalty
- Asserts the death penalty is mandated from a Christian perspective.
Liberty on Rights and Capital Punishment
- An article by Russell Madden examining inalienable rights of prisoners.
Message from the Prosecuting Attorney
- Prosecuting Attorney of Clark County, Indiana presents a defense through articles and links.
Pro-life and Pro-Capital Punishment
- Article explores the apparent contradiction in being pro-life and pro-death penalty.
Stand to Reason: Capital Punishment
- A commentary by Gregory Koukl suggesting that one's view of capital punishment says a lot about his or her view of mankind.
Stand to Reason: The Bible and Capital Punishment
- Article by Gregory Koukl with supporting Bible verses.
StudyWorld: Debate Over Capital Punishment
- An article with information on different methods of implementation.
Tektonics: Life for a Life
- A biblical look by James Patrick Holding with supporting verses cited on both sides of the issue.
The November Coalition: An Eye for an Eye
- A commentary by Paul Bischke about the ethics of criminal justice from the perspective of Judaeo-Christian society.
The Ultimate Punishment:A Defense
- Scholarly defense of capital punishment by Ernest van den Haag, Professor of Jurisprudence and Public Policy, Fordham University.
OpinionJournal: An Infinite Wrong
- Article by Daniel Henninger. Discusses the Beltway snipers case. (November 01, 2002)
BP News: Death Penalty Biblical, Not Vengeful, Southern Seminary's Moore Says
- A response to Russell Moore's appearance on Kentucky Tonight. (November 13, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, August 6, 2010 3:09:55 PM EDT -