become an editor
the entire directory
only in Church-State_Relations/Public_Schools
Science: Anomalies and Alternative Science: Creationism
Science: Biology: Evolution
Society: Issues: Education
Society: Issues: Education: School Choice
Abington v. Schempp
- Text on the Supreme Court decision on school prayer in 1963, made available by The National Center for Public Policy Research's Constitution and the Courts Archive.
- Information about Anti-Defamation League programs and initiatives for promoting diversity, combating anti-Semitism, remembering the Holocaust, and other topics in schools.
Alliance for the Separation of School and State
- Offers essays and a petition to sign.
Can Public Schools Be Religiously Neutral?
- Argues that secular humanism is the "religion" currently being taught in public schools, and that the schools should therefore be open to all major religions.
Challenging Religious Education
- This site promotes the view that religious education (RE) in schools in England and Wales should encourage pupils to learn a faith as opposed to learn about faiths.
Internet Infidels: School Prayer
- Collection of articles for and against government led prayer in the public schools.
National Center for Science Education
- National organization devoted to defending the teaching of evolution in public schools, and keeping creationism out.
National Council on Bible Curriculum in Public Schools
- A program to bring a state-certified elective Bible course, "The Bible as History and Literature", into the public high schools in the U.S. Provides streaming video, endorsements, and articles covering historical and legal issues, as well as related links.
Pontotoc, Mississippi School Prayer Case
- An essay on the North Pontotoc school prayer trial in U.S. District Court, involving a suit brought by Lisa Herdahl of Mississippi against the Pontotoc County School District. Includes judicial decision and links.
Public School Prayer Persecution
- Presents arguments why prayer should not be permitted in public schools, and criticism of Christian conservatives.
Religion and the Community School
- Discusses the experiences of one teacher with the intersection of the community school model with the desire of a community to include Christian teachings in their public school's activities.
Religion in U.S. Public Schools
- Presents both sides of the issue on religious activities in schools, with essays on current legal decisions.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 16, 2016 at 6:54:07 UTC -