become an editor
the entire directory
only in Church-State_Relations/Pro-Separation
Society: Politics: Conservatism: Opposing Views: Anti-Religious Right
About.com - Myths about Church/State Separation
- Many common myths about the separation of church and state are explained and refuted. Includes misconceptions about court decisions, school prayer, and the US Constitution.
Americans United for Separation of Church and State
- Founded in 1947, AU brings together Americans of many faiths and political viewpoints to defend church-state separation.
Anti-Defamation League: Religious Freedom
- News headlines, position papers, and other resources on issues such as the separation of church and state, the Istook Amendment, and religious freedom in the workplace.
Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty
- Includes mission statement, issues, weblog and events calendar, as well as information about supporting bodies and links to resources about church-state separation.
First Amendment, à la Carte: Freedom of Religion is Freedom From!
- Lists several news events that raise the church-state issue, asks if government should be involved in religious affairs, and comments on the US Constitution.
Freedom From Religion Foundation, Inc.
- National organization of freethinkers (atheists, agnostics) in Madison, Wisconsin, working to keep state and church separate and to educate the public about the views of nontheists.
- Dedicated to the preservation of the separation of church and state with an emphasis on the Establishment and Free Exercise clauses of the US Constitution. Online version includes archived versions beginning with the May/June 1997 issue.
Religious Freedom Coalition of the Southeast (RFCSE)
- A non-profit, public interest association created to preserve, protect and defend the right to worship as they wish, roll back Religious Right abuses, root out religious and political fraud and corruption, and champion causes which further religious freedom.
Remove "In God We Trust" from American Currency
- A petition for the U.S. treasury to take out "In God We Trust" on US money.
Secular Web, The - Separation of Church and State
- Articles on Church / State separation from Secular Web Library.
Separation of Church and State - The Constitutional Principle
- Discusses the legal, historical and political/social evidence in support of church-state separation.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 9, 2014 at 5:45:03 UTC -