become an editor
the entire directory
only in Children,_Youth_and_Family/Child_Poverty
Children, Youth and Family
Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family: Advocacy Groups
Society: Philanthropy: Child Welfare
American Bar Association Juvenile Justice Center
- Working in partnership with other ABA entities, bar associations, and local and state advocacy groups to monitor and influence juvenile justice policy and practice.
- Multilingual human and children's rights across the world.
Child Rights Information Network
- Promotes children's rights to survival, growth and development, protection and participation through information exchange and database building.
Children Investment Fund Foundation
- Funds projects to improve the lives of children living in poverty in developing countries. Projects and grant information.
The Children of Eastern Europe - Northstar Gallery
- A photographic documentary on children living in orphanages, psychiatric hospitals of Russia, Moldova and the underground of Bucharest Romania.
Children of Ethiopia Education Fund
- Girl's sponsorship program in Ethiopia. Currently over 560 girls are being assisted by the program.
- Information on the services and activities of a New Delhi based NGO working on behalf of the rights and wellbeing of more than 35000 children and their families living in slums and villages in India.
Eliminate Child Labour in Tobacco
- Contributes to the elimination of child labour in tobacco growing and seeks to improve the living standards of children.
The Emma Page
- Tragic accident brings three communities together to build a school in Ecuador. Organization run by children, for children gets the work done.
Families For Children Zambia
- A small charitable trust supporting families and vulnerable children in Zambia affected by the Aids epidemic and poverty.
Free The Children International
- Description of programs dedicated toward eliminating the exploitation of children around the world, by encouraging children to volunteer in and create programs and activities that relieve the plight of underprivileged children.
- An internet resource offering a range of accessible, child health related, on-line services to include: databases and other information on issues related to the well-being of the children worldwide.
International Federation Terre des Hommes
- An international organization that develops and implements projects designed to improve the living conditions of disadvantaged children.
- A UK human rights group lobbying to protect children's rights and the persecuted church with a very extensive links page on human rights.
Magna Carta Plus
- Extensive documents and declarations on human rights including the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
National Independent Living Association
- Information on NILA, a national network of public and private organizations, individuals, youth and foster parents committed to independent living and transitional living services for older at-risk youth and their families.
The Natural Child Project
- Working toward creating a world where all children are treated with dignity, respect, understanding, and compassion.
The Next Generation: In the Wake of the Genocide
- A report by a team of citizens on the impact of the Gujarat pogrom on children and the young.
Operation Iraqi Children
- Supports the efforts of American soldiers to assist Iraqi children. School supply kit program, forum, and media center.
- A child-focused, non-profit development organization aiding deprived children in developing countries.
- Point Hope's mission is to help starving children in the Buduburham refugee camp in Ghana, Africa.
Save America's Children First
- The site presents the Convention on the Rights of the Child, FAQ and opinion on its relevance to children in United States.
Tenderness Without Borders
- A private initiative to promote children's rights and welfare the world over.
UK Committee For UNICEF
- Seeks to change attitudes and generate support for children's rights through campaigns in the UK and other countries.
- Working to establish children's rights as enduring ethical principles and international standards of behaviour.
United Nations - Office of the High Commissioner of Human Rights
- Extensive information on the promotion and protection of human rights, children's rights and fundamental freedoms including reports, documents, treaties and policy.
- A network of independent organizations working across the world to help children affected by war.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 22, 2015 at 10:35:08 UTC -