become an editor
the entire directory
only in Child_Abuse/Prevention
Children, Youth and Family
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family: Child Abuse: Prevention
Parent Support Groups
Sex Offender Registries
Violent Offender Treatment
National Exchange Club Foundation
Prevent Child Abuse America
Society: Crime: Sex Offenses: Prevention
Society: Crime: Sex Offenses: Statistics and Research
Society: Issues: Violence and Abuse: Prevention
Society: Support Groups: Sexual Abuse
American Humane Association (AHA)
- Works to prevent cruelty, abuse, neglect and exploitation of children and animals through increasing awareness among the general public.
CAN Do! Child Abuse and Neglect Disability Outreach Project
- Seeks to prevent abuse of children with disabilities. Annual conference, public policy center, news, and research.
Centre of Excellence for Child Welfare
- A Canadian organization that supports collaborative research and policy projects that integrate child maltreatment prevention and interventions across a variety of sectors, including health care, education, justice and recreation.
Child Abuse Council
- Non-profit agency that provides consultation, education and direct service programs in the areas of child abuse and neglect
Child Abuse Prevention Association
- Located in Independence Missouri, the CAPA's mission is to prevent and treat all forms of child abuse by creating changes in individuals, families and society which strengthen relationships and promote healing.
Child Abuse Prevention Network
- Provides multiple links to child abuse prevention sites, including Army Family Adovcacy Program, Physicians Network, and Family Life Development Center.
- Contains information about child abuse prevention and treatment, and a method to report suspected abuse cases in the US.removing 'yo
Child Protection Team, Children's Hospital Boston
- A comprehensive resource on child abuse and neglect for healthcare providers, families, and kids of all ages. Written by the Child Protection Team at Children's Hospital Boston.
- Seeks to support, inform and encourage those dealing with any aspect of child abuse, in a positive non-threatening environment. Includes articles by child abuse prevention experts.
- Located within the US Department of Health and Human Services. Offers services to protect children and strengthen families, and useful information.
Children's Institute International
- Non-profit organization specializing in the treatment and prevention of child abuse and neglect.
Circle of Parents
- Works to strengthen families and prevent child abuse and neglect through mutual self-help parent support groups. Local groups and parenting resources.
Costs Of Child Abuse vs. Child Abuse Prevention
- It is far cheaper to prevent child abuse than it is to treat the effects concludes this referenced article from the Michigan Children's Trust Fund.
From Darkness To Light
- Primary prevention program aimed at reducing the incidence of child sexual abuse by increasing public awareness of the prevalence and consequences of the problem.
- Generation Five is a non-profit organization that brings together diverse community leaders working to end child sexual abuse within five generations. Programs provide leadership training to community members, activists and agency professionals and foster national strategy and information exchange on child sexual abuse.
- A comprehensive child abuse prevention curriculum designed for pre-school and kindergarten through sixth grade students.
Healthy Families America
- HFA, a national program of Prevent Child Abuse America, has three goals: to promote positive parenting; to encourage child health and development; and to prevent child abuse and neglect.
International Society for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect
- An international organization that works towards the prevention and treatment of child abuse, neglect, and exploitation globally. Events, publications, and resources.
Kempe Center for Prevention of Child Abuse
- The C. Henry Kempe National Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect was begun in 1972 to provide a clinically based resource for training, consultation, program development and evaluation, and research in all forms of child abuse.
National Alliance of Children's Trust and Prevention Funds
- Organization composed of state Children's Trust and Prevention Funds whose mission is to prevent child abuse and neglect. Listing of state child abuse prevention programs, newsletter, and prevention resources.
National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children
- British site specializing in child protection and the prevention of cruelty to children. Full Stop! Provides links to resource materials and volunteer opportunities.
- A clearinghouse of information for facts and strategies for those seeking to keep children safe from maltreatment, such as crisis hotline numbers, parenting articles, and web links.
Protect Our Kidz
- Includes child molestation statistics, prevention information, and links to all states sex offender registries.
Safe Child Program
- A comprehensive curriculum which teaches prevention of sexual, emotional and physical abuse by people known to the child; prevention of abuse and abduction by strangers; and safety in self-care.
Safe From the Start: Taking Action on Children Exposed to Violence
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention publication (Pdf format). Addresses the issue of harm to children who are witnesses to violence [PDF]
Stop Child Abuse-Save Our Children
- A nonprofit organization dedicated to stopping child abuse of all forms, and improving the lives of survivors of all types of abuse and loss.
Strengthening America's Families Program
- A 1997-1999 project which searched for "best practice" family strengthening programs and published its results. Includes a literature review and evaluations of promising, model, and examplary programs.
The Good Knight Campaign
- A national crime and violence prevention coalition dedicated to preventing child abuse, abduction, molestation, crime and victimization. Educating children using the multi-culture, non-denominational Good Knight theme.
The KlaasKids Foundation
- Dedicated to the memory of Polly Klaas. The Foundation's purpose is to inform parents, children, and communities about how to prevent crimes against children.
The Preventive Ounce
- A preventive program to help parents manage normal, temperament-related behavioral issues, and avoid anxiety and guilt over what is normal for their child's temperament.
Westside Children's Center
- Westside Children's Center serves the needs of children and their families in Los Angeles. WCC offers foster care and adoption services, early care and education services, and family support services.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, February 21, 2010 12:52:11 AM EST -