become an editor
the entire directory
only in Children,_Youth_and_Family/Adoption
Children, Youth and Family
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family: Adoption
Home: Family: Adoption
Home: Family: Foster Care
Society: Genealogy: Adoption
Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family: Foster Care
A Westernized Adoptee
- Discussion forum to discuss the ramifications of the westernization of adoptees, both culturally and ethnically.
Adoptee's Right to Know
- Promoting the right of adoptees to learn about their birthfamilies. Search, legal, and activist resources.
Adoption / Foster Care
- About.com presents a survey of adoption topics and legal issues.
- A resource for adopted children and their parents. Contains sections such as "Speak Out," which features writings from children about adoption, as well as sections on famous people, homework help, clubhouse library, fun stuff, and adoption talk.
- Court unseals adoption records in Florida due to fraudulent black market baby broker activity. Includes Associated Press coverage.
American Academy of Adoption Attorneys
- Promotes reform of adoption laws and helps disseminate information on ethical adoption practices. Member directory, media contacts, and news.
American Adoption Congress
- International network of individuals and organizations committed to adoption reform. Includes a profile, news, list of board members, legislation information, and membership details.
Americans for Open Records
- Supports public access to birth certificates and medical records. Includes articles, active lobby details and personal pages.
Association of Administrators of the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children
- Provides information on a uniform law enacted in the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. Virgin Islands that protects children who are placed across state lines for foster care or adoption.
- Focused on equal access for adoptees to their original birth certificates, adoptee dignity, combating negative stereotypes of adoptees, and providing a forum for the wide spectrum of adult adoptee experiences.
Birthmothers Exploited By Adoption
- Presenting information about the adverse effects of adoption from mothers who feel they lost their babies through coerced or forced surrender. Includes personal stories and resources.
- A place for birth mothers to unite, share thoughts and feelings, and receive healing on post-adoption grief issues.
Center For Family Connections
- Offers training, education, consultation, advocacy, and clinical treatment to families touched by adoption, foster care, kinship, and guardianship.
Domenici and Lincoln Introduce ICPC Bill
- Legislation (S. 2779) to improve the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC) was introduced by Senators Pete Domenici (R-NM) and Blanche Lincoln (D-AR).
Healing Families Dismembered By Adoption
- Reunion, relationships, and natural parents adopting-back the children they had lost to infant-adoption.
- Advocating, with pre-adoptive families, for the rights of children in state foster care.
International Adoption Medical Clinics
- Contact information for several medical clinics that specialize in helping internationally adopted children with ailments that are uncommon or not easily diagnosed or treated.
National Adoption Day
- A collective national (USA) effort to raise awareness of the children in foster care waiting to find permanent families.
National Resource Center for Special Needs Adoption
- Provides training, consultation, and informational materials for professionals, organizations, and parents regarding special needs adoptions.
New Directions in Adoption - Stop Tearing Family Apart
- Argues many current adoption practices are unethical. Articles, policy positions, and links.
- Supporting people separated by adoption and asking for an inquiry into alleged illegal and exploitive adoption practices.
The ALMA Society
- Advocates for the right of adopted persons to know the truth of their origin. Offers an adoption reunion registry.
The Adoption History Project
- A digital public history resource, profiling people, organizations, topics, and studies that shaped modern American adoption theory and practice.
NPR : Scams Plague Efforts to Adopt Beyond Borders
- Michael Montgomery of American RadioWorks reports on problems with adoptions of children from the former Soviet Union. [17:10 streaming audio broadcast] (January 08, 2006)
NPR : Barriers to Adoption for Communities of Color
- Ed Gordon and guests explores overcoming obstacles to adoption in USA communities of color. [11:46 streaming audio broadcast] (November 07, 2005)
Usenet alt.adoption -
Usenet alt.adoption.adoptive.parenting -
Usenet alt.adoption.issues -
Usenet alt.adoption.searching -
Usenet soc.adoption.adoptees -
Usenet soc.adoption.parenting -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, March 21, 2010 2:01:40 AM EDT -