become an editor
the entire directory
only in Children,_Youth_and_Family/Adoption
Children, Youth and Family
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family: Adoption
Home: Family: Adoption
Home: Family: Foster Care
Society: Genealogy: Adoption
Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family: Foster Care
Adoptee's Right to Know
- Promoting the right of adoptees to learn about their birthfamilies. Search, legal, and activist resources.
Adoption / Foster Care
- About.com presents a survey of adoption topics and legal issues.
- Court unseals adoption records in Florida due to fraudulent black market baby broker activity. Includes Associated Press coverage.
The Adoption History Project
- A digital public history resource, profiling people, organizations, topics, and studies that shaped modern American adoption theory and practice.
The ALMA Society
- Advocates for the right of adopted persons to know the truth of their origin. Offers an adoption reunion registry.
American Academy of Adoption Attorneys
- Promotes reform of adoption laws and helps disseminate information on ethical adoption practices. Member directory, media contacts, and news.
American Adoption Congress
- International network of individuals and organizations committed to adoption reform. Includes a profile, news, list of board members, legislation information, and membership details.
Americans for Open Records
- Supports public access to birth certificates and medical records. Includes articles, active lobby details and personal pages.
Association of Administrators of the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children
- Provides information on a uniform law enacted in the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. Virgin Islands that protects children who are placed across state lines for foster care or adoption.
- Focused on equal access for adoptees to their original birth certificates, adoptee dignity, combating negative stereotypes of adoptees, and providing a forum for the wide spectrum of adult adoptee experiences.
Domenici and Lincoln Introduce ICPC Bill
- Legislation (S. 2779) to improve the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC) was introduced by Senators Pete Domenici (R-NM) and Blanche Lincoln (D-AR).
Healing Families Dismembered By Adoption
- Reunion, relationships, and natural parents adopting-back the children they had lost to infant-adoption.
- Advocating, with pre-adoptive families, for the rights of children in state foster care.
International Adoption Medical Clinics
- Contact information for several medical clinics that specialize in helping internationally adopted children with ailments that are uncommon or not easily diagnosed or treated.
National Adoption Day
- A collective national (USA) effort to raise awareness of the children in foster care waiting to find permanent families.
National Resource Center for Special Needs Adoption
- Provides training, consultation, and informational materials for professionals, organizations, and parents regarding special needs adoptions.
- Supporting people separated by adoption and asking for an inquiry into alleged illegal and exploitive adoption practices.
A Westernized Adoptee
- Discussion forum to discuss the ramifications of the westernization of adoptees, both culturally and ethnically.
NPR : Scams Plague Efforts to Adopt Beyond Borders
- Michael Montgomery of American RadioWorks reports on problems with adoptions of children from the former Soviet Union. [17:10 streaming audio broadcast] (January 08, 2006)
NPR : Barriers to Adoption for Communities of Color
- Ed Gordon and guests explores overcoming obstacles to adoption in USA communities of color. [11:46 streaming audio broadcast] (November 07, 2005)
Usenet alt.adoption -
Usenet alt.adoption.adoptive.parenting -
Usenet alt.adoption.issues -
Usenet alt.adoption.searching -
Usenet soc.adoption.adoptees -
Usenet soc.adoption.parenting -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 5, 2014 at 6:54:11 UTC -