become an editor
the entire directory
only in Issues/Children,_Youth_and_Family
Children, Youth and Family
Child Welfare Organizations
Divorce and Children
Youth Civil Rights
Kids and Teens
Society: Activism: In Daily Life: Money Matters: Children and Youth
Society: Issues: Health: Conditions and Diseases: Sexually Transmitted Diseases: AIDS: Young People
Society: Law: Legal Information: Family Law
Society: Law: Legal Information: Juvenile Law
Society: People: Generations and Age Groups: Youth
This category in other languages:
Division of Childhood and Adolescence
- A focal point for policy development, research, and strategic analysis of trends regarding broad determinants of health regarding children and youth in Canada.
Action for Child Protection
- A consulting and training organization providing resources and technical assistance to national, state and county child welfare professionals and agencies primarily in the area of child protective services.
American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
- Works to improve the quality and standards of individual and family life through programs that educate, influence public policy, disseminate information and publish research findings.
Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth
- A national collaboration of researchers, policy makers and practitioners devoted to building a better future for Australia's children and young people. Programs, publications, and media centre.
Brothers and Sisters
- Offers a Christian perspective and practical tools on building successful relationships between brothers and sisters.
Center for the Study of Natural Systems and the Family
- Provides educational programs and information on Bowen theory and the study of family systems. Features mission statement, links and newsletter.
Center for the Study of Social Policy
- Strives to help states and localities implement strategies that strengthen disadvantaged communities and ensure that children grow up healthy, safe, successful in school, and ready for productive adulthood.
Center on Children and the Law
- Established in 1978, the ABA Center on Children and the Law's mission is to improve children's lives through advances in law, justice, knowledge, practice, and public policy.
Center on Media and Child Health
- Educates children, parents, and the public on media and their effects on the physical, mental, and social health of all children.
Chapin Hall Center for Children
- A research center located at the University of Chicago that informs policymakers, service providers, and administrators on issues affecting the well being of children. Projects, publications, and newsletter.
Child Welfare Information Gateway
- A service of the Children's Bureau, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Provides access to print and electronic publications, websites, and online databases on topics such as child welfare, child abuse and neglect, adoption, and search and reunion.
The Child Well-Being Index
- Produced by Duke University researchers, the Child Well-Being Index is an evidence-based measure of trends over time in the quality of life or well-being of America’s children and young people. Description of index, data, and press information.
Children and Violence
- Provides resources for researchers and others interested in issues related to violence and children.
Children's Budget Report
- A detailed analysis of spending on low-income children's programs in 13 states(1998).
Children's Bureau Express
- An online, monthly digest designed for professionals concerned with child abuse and neglect, child welfare, and adoption.
The Children's Institute, University of Cape Town
- Aims to address the needs and rights of South African children through policy research and other academic activities.
- Undertakes research and policy analysis, publishes reports and multimedia materials, and forges new alliances among parents, policymakers and the private sector to achieve tangible gains for children.
The Children's Society
- A UK based organization that assists street children, disabled children, young refugees, and children in trouble with the law. News, events, and donation and volunteer information.
- Provides statistical reports on the status of U.S. children and their families, including population, family characteristics, economic security, health, environment, education. From the Federal Interagency Forum on Child and Family Statistics.
- Provides publications and data at the state and national level on adoption, child abuse, welfare reform, foster care, and child poverty.
Churches' Child Protection Advisory Service
- Resources for child protection, advise and help for those suffering abuse and for those who have a responsibility for children.
The Comic Book Project
- A project of Teachers College, Columbia University that engages children in a creative process leading to literacy reinforcement, social awareness, and character development. Student galleries, publications, and news.
- Provides children with the information and skills they need to live drug and violence free lives.
Deliver The Dream
- A respite and retreat program that serves families facing serious illness or crisis by helping them to enhance coping skills, reduce stress and cultivate relationships. Press releases, newsletter, information on retreat weekends, and volunteer opportunities.
Embracing the Child
- Provides children's books and other reading material to organizations that serve at-risk children such as safe houses, foster care facilities, and emergency shelters.
Evaluation and Research Database
- A UNICEF database that contains evaluations, studies and surveys related to UNICEF programs. Reports can be sorted by country, by region, by theme or by date.
- Sponsored by the Heritage Foundation, this site presents findings on the family, society and religion from peer-reviewed journals, books and government surveys.
Forum for Youth Investment
- Seeks to help organizations and individuals in the allied youth fields by providing research, publications, and issue discussions. Resources, news, and the periodic publication Forum Focus.
The Future of Children
- Online publication by the David and Lucile Packard Foundation whose primary purpose is to disseminate timely information on major issues related to children's well-being.
- A unique, non-profit organization in Cincinnati, Ohio that helps parents and their children share creative, bonding experiences using art as the medium. Classes, community programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Institute for the Study of Children, Families and Communities
- Located at Eastern Michigan University, the Institute applies scholarly research and practical expertise to issues such as foster care and child welfare.
- Evaluates, rates, and endorses video, film, software, and other media products designed for children using a volunteer, community-based jury comprising professionals, teachers, parents, and children. Reviews, articles, and newsletter.
- Lists and tracks information on 30 health topics for children in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties in Northern California, and shows comparable California and U.S. data where available.
Local Investment Commission
- An effort by the state of Missouri to work with citizens, businesses, and civic and labor leaders to improve the lives of children and families in Kansas City and Jackson County. Initiatives, news, and data.
Losing Generations: Adolescents in High-Risk Settings
- Complete text of the book by the Panel on High-Risk Youth, National Research Council.
Middle of Somewhere
- Web magazine for children of missionary families. Published by students from the American Christian School in Japan.
- Department of Defense web site providing information on military children and youth issues, programs, initiatives, and military and civilian partnerships.
- Affiliated with the University of Missouri at Columbia, the site provides information on health, nutrition, finances, housing, divorce, parenting, and childcare. Articles, quick answers, workshops, and newsletter.
Monroe County Coalition for Children and Families
- A West Virginia Family Resource Network. Includes a resource directory, tobacco prevention coalition, and breast cancer awareness.
National Child Welfare Resource Center for Organizational Improvement
- Helps state, county and tribal child welfare agencies improve management, measure outcomes, and make decisions that protect children. Toll-free number, publications, and programs.
Ounce of Prevention Fund of Florida
- A non-profit organization that supports innovative programs that assist at-risk children and their families. Child abuse prevention initiatives, fatherhood programs, Circle of Parents support group, and Healthy Families Florida program.
Parents Helping Parents
- Free and ongoing support groups throughout Massachusetts for parents, or other adults in a parenting role, who feel isolated, overwhelmed, or afraid of their anger towards their children. Parent stories, group locations, and volunteer and donation opportunities.
- Collaborates with advocates and policymakers in a movement to provide high-quality, voluntary pre-kindergarten education for all three and four year olds.
Promising Practices Network
- Features programs and practices that credible research indicates are effective in improving outcomes in the areas of child health, child safety, schooling, and family well-being. Sections on proven and promising programs, research in brief, and strengthening service delivery.
Social Capital Partners
- Invests in and incubates revenue-generating social enterprises that employ at-risk youth and other populations outside the economic mainstream in Canada.
- Superu is a government agency that is an advocate for New Zealand families. It funds research, seeks the views of the community, and works to influence government family policy.
Thrasher Research Fund - Research in Children's Health
- A private organization that finances practical, applied pediatric health research and demonstration projects. Grant and contact information.
The Urban Institute | Adolescents
- Current publications and projects on policy issues affecting adolescents from the Urban Institute.
The Urban Institute | Family/Parents
- Current publications and projects from the Urban Institute on policy issues affecting families/parents.
Who's Minding the Children?
- Essays about parenting and childcare, and about society's treatment of important issues that affect children.
Working With Children Checks
- Explains the compulsory screening system in Western Australia, and the legislation on which it is based. Also provides forms, factsheets and FAQ.
Youth On Track
- American Freedom Assembly is a non-profit corporation concerned for today's youth. The founder travels across the country speaking to America's youth at schools, camps and churches. The site also provides a newsletter and a speaking schedule.
- A national source for news, views and important developments in the youth service field from a nonprofit organization.
- Provides a virtual community for young leaders. Discussion forum, virtual library, events, and profiles of young leaders around the globe.
Children, Youth and Family
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 9, 2016 at 14:05:06 UTC -