become an editor
the entire directory
only in Children,_Youth_and_Family/Service_Organizations
Children, Youth and Family
Jewish Family Services
Lutheran Services in America
Society: Philanthropy: Child Welfare
Hands On New Orleans
- Provides ongoing opportunities for volunteers to make a difference in the recovery of the Gulf Coast region. Projects, partners, press, and volunteer and donation opportunities.
Alternate Shelter Society
- Provides residential and support services to abused, homeless, and at-risk youth in Vancouver, Canada.
- A nonprofit organization that supports Latino families with programs that focuses on parent education, early childhood development, brain development, literacy, and school readiness. Chapters, news, and events.
- Provides behavioural, emotional and programming support for children and adolescents within Ontario and Quebec.
Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
- A Volunteer Organisation helping Vietnam's poorest children to escape poverty. Working with street kids and children with disabilities.
Blue Valley Community Action Partnership
- Serves families and communities in southeast Nebraska and north central Kansas by offering health, education, nutrition, and housing programs.
Boys Hope Girls Hope
- Provides at risk children with stable homes, education, and financial and emotional support. Programs, news, and locations.
- A network in Ireland devoted to assisting young people at risk. News, events, lobbying, and publications.
- A nonprofit organization based in Dallas, Texas that offers medically-managed child care, adolescent programs and family support services to children, teens and their families affected by HIV/AIDS.
Center for Children in La Plata, Maryland
- Provides mental health and other services to children and families in southern Maryland. Counseling, mentoring, education, and health initiatives.
Center for Family Life in Sunset Park
- Offers family counseling, employment services, foster care, and emergency help to families and children in the Sunset Park neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York.
Child & Family Services, Capital Area
- Offers adoption, foster care, and family services to mid-Michigan families.
- Seeks to find quality foster and adoptive homes for abused, abandoned and neglected children by working through local faith communities.
Children and Family Futures
- Provides services to government agencies, community based organizations, and schools in order to improve outcomes for children and families, particularly those affected by substance abuse and those involved in the welfare and child welfare systems.
Children and Youth Services Review
- An interdisciplinary forum for critical scholarship regarding service programs for children and youth.
Children of the Night
- A non-profit organization dedicated to assisting children between the ages of 11 and 17 who are forced to prostitute on the streets for food and a place to sleep. Services, hotline, and donation information.
Children's Healthy Smile Project
- Seeks to improve dental health and basic oral hygiene for children in need by giving out dental care kits and information to parents.
Children's Home Society
- An organization in South Dakota that assists children with emotional and behavioral problems and offers emergency shelter services and counseling for women and children who are victims of domestic abuse.
College Mentors For Kids
- Pairs high risk and underprivileged youth in Indiana with college students in a mentor capacity.
Community Action Agency of Delaware County, Inc.
- Provides services to residents of Delaware County, Pennsylvania, including emergency shelters, rent and utility assistance, and job assistance.
Community Action Partnership of Mid-Nebraska
- Provides educational, employment, health, and housing programs for low income families.
Community Action Southwest
- Offers Head Start, WIC, and transportation programs to residents of southwestern Pennsylvania.
- Christian child sponsorship ministry working many of the world's poorest countries.
Courage for Youth
- A non-profit association in British Columbia, Canada that seeks to help youth, particularly girls, by offering programs that build self-esteem, limit aggression, and improve educational outcomes.
The Cridge Centre for the Family
- Nonprofit society based in Greater Victoria, Canada that provides child care, housing for low-income families, women's services and residential care for the disabled.
Crisis Center of Anderson and Cherokee Counties, Texas
- Free and confidential assistance to families and individuals in times of personal crisis. Hotline and fact sheets.
The DREAM Program
- Builds mentoring partnerships between college students and children of low-income housing developments in Vermont. News, programs, and volunteer and donation opportunities.
Dutchess County Community Action Program
- Assists low-income individuals and families in Dutchess County, New York. News, programs, and services.
Ennis Center for Children
- Nonprofit, multi-service agency providing community based, in home, foster care, adoption and group home services to children and families through Southeast Michigan.
The Family Place
- A center located in Vermont that offers playgroups, parent education and support groups, assistance with child care costs, lending library, and a Child Advocacy Center.
Family Service of Central Indiana, Inc.
- An organization in Indianapolis, Indiana that provides counseling and services on relationships, children, domestic violence, substance abuse, and elderly and senior issues.
Family Service of the Piedmont
- A nonprofit organization that serves children and families in Guilford County, North Carolina. Mental health counseling, victim services, child abuse prevention, and community outreach.
For Love of Children
- A nonprofit organization in Washington, DC, working to eliminate abuse and neglect, alleviate homelessness, and educate high-risk youth to be responsible, successful adults.
The Fresh Air Fund
- Sends inner city children to host families or to camp to experience country life.
Friends of the Children
- Employs full-time mentors to help at-risk children. Chapters, news, partners, and how to donate.
Good Shepherd Services
- A social service and youth development agency serving vulnerable New York City children and families through a network of community-based programs and city-wide foster care services.
- A human services organization dedicated to the mental well-being of children, adults and families in Wayne County, Michigan.
Heart of Los Angeles Youth
- Community center for young people to engage in enrichment activities in the Rampart District of Los Angeles. Programs, board and staff members, and volunteer opportunities.
Henderson County, Texas Help Center
- Offers counseling, day care, teen pregnancy programs, parenting education, child advocacy center, infant and newborn services, student assistance programs, and after school programs.
Homes for the Homeless
- A non-profit organization that provides educational training services to homeless families. Programs, research, and volunteer and donation information.
Injury Free Coalition for Kids
- Works to prevent injury among children through hospital-based, community-oriented programs. News, events, speakers' bureau, and safety tips.
Institute for Family Development
- Offers training and programs designed to help families function better, keep children safe, and stop the unnecessary removal of children into state custody.
International Social Service - United States of America Branch, Inc.
- Non-profit organization that works with social service agencies in different countries to help families on matters of adoption, child custody, child support, and child abuse.
Iowa Community Action Association
- Advocates for state and federal policy that addresses the needs of low-income and disadvantaged citizens of Iowa. Events, member agencies, and statistics.
Jagruti Seva Sanstha
- Nonprofit organization based in Pune, India that provides education, vocational training, health care and counselling to the underprivileged, particularly young women. Contact details, donor information, volunteer profiles, programs, activities and success stories.
- A Kansas-based organization that provides shelter and social services to children and youth who are facing abuse, neglect or family disruption.
- A United Kingdom national provider serving children with special needs and their families with supported living, foster care, respite and residential care, and family support. Site provides philosophy, management information, newsroom, and overview of services.
Lollipop Theater Network
- A nonprofit organization that arranges showings of first-run movies to children confined to hospitals.
Love A Child Inc.
- A Christian humanitarian and missionary organization that has schools, feeding programs, a child care program, mobile medical clinics, and an orphanage in the country of Haiti. Projects, television broadcast schedule, and sponsorship and donation information.
MANY -- Mid-Atlantic Network of Youth & Family Services
- A network of service organizations designed to strengthen and coordinate resources and services for youth and families in high-risk situations.
- Provides mentoring in New York City to several groups of children, including foster children, the homeless, and recent immigrants.
Metropolitan Development Council
- Offers child care, education, employment, and housing services to families in the Tacoma, Washington area.
Mid-Iowa Community Action, Inc.
- A non-profit organization serving children and families in central Iowa. Specializes in Head Start, child nutrition, family development, and housing services.
- The community service unit of the School of Social Work at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. Provides leadership, training, and support in the areas of child welfare, foster care, and the prevention of substance abuse.
Mission of Mercy
- An international child sponsorship organization, pairing sponsors with individual children. Provides nutritious food, medical attention, educational opportunities, and the possibility for social and spiritual development.
National Abandoned Infants Assistance Resource Center
- Provides training, support, and resources to service providers who assist children that are abandoned or at-risk of abandonment due to the presence of drugs and/or HIV in the family.
National Law Center for Children and Families
- A non-profit law center formed in 1991 and has since served as an agent of change and education in the areas of child sexual exploitation.
- Works to rehabilitate and provide care for street children, and children of sex-workers in Mumbai, (formerly Bombay) India.
One Page At A Time
- A free program for children's agencies or hospitals that sends coloring pages to hospitalized children or to those who are terminally ill.
Para Los Ninos - For the Children
- Los Angeles based nonprofit agency that provides child care, schooling and other services to at-risk children and their families. Programs and services, news and events, and information for donors and volunteers.
Pathways Youth & Family Services, Inc.
- A Texas-based organization that provides foster care services, as well as resources, training and information to protect children from child abuse and neglect.
- A non-profit organization in Oklahoma that provides vocational, residential, and youth and family services.
PSI Family Services, Inc.
- Foster care, health, social work, and independent living services.
- A non-profit organization in Orange County, New York that assists low-income families with housing, utilities, health insurance, and employment.
- Helps young people in trouble with drugs, alcohol, and crime. Projects are located throughout the United States.
- Offers workshops to youth service organizations, community leaders, and youth that deal with high risk kids, violence, drugs, alcohol and suicide.
Rubin for Kids
- A Madison, Wisconsin charity that helps disadvantaged kids by rewarding their achievements and thereby encouraging further success. The fund distributes Youth Achievement Awards and Scholarships to deserving youth.
Sarasota County Youth Development Organization
- Provides opportunities for youth in Sarasota County, Florida to participate in positive, drug- and alcohol- free activities.
- An organization in South Africa that cares for abandoned babies, often with HIV/AIDS. Supports adoptions or fostering.
The Shepherd's Staff Ministry
- A Christian ministry that provides services to children and families in Alabama.
Sonshine Community Services
- Nonprofit agency in Calgary, Alberta, Canada that offers community counseling, child care in family day homes, and shelter for women and children escaping family violence and abuse.
Specialized Alternatives for Families and Youth
- Non-profit child welfare organization that specializes in therapeutic foster care, in home intervention, behavioral health services, adoption services, training and education.
St. Andrew's Children's Clinic
- A clinic in Arizona that provides medical care to children of poor Mexican families. Newsletter, donation opportunities, and volunteer programs.
St. Ann's Infant and Materntiy
- St. Ann's is a home for abused, neglected, and abandoned children and pregnant and parenting teenage women.
Texas Network of Youth Services
- A nonprofit membership association of youth serving agencies and advocates, dedicated to enhancing community-based agencies serving youth and families in Texas.
Three Rivers Community Action, Inc
- A Minnesota-based organization that offers housing, health, employment, education and transportation services to low-income families.
United Methodist Children's Home of Alabama and West Florida
- Offering community based services, emergency assistance, family aid, scholarships, and residential programs throughout Alabama and West Florida.
- Private, nonprofit community service organization dedicated to stopping child abuse and family violence. Information on services, calendar, training, advocacy, locations, employment and volunteering. Hartford, Connecticut.
- Provides an in-depth look at innovative programs and projects developed by Community Action Agencies around the United States. Programs can be researched by state, category, or keyword.
- An Indiana-based organization that offers resources and programs to help youth, parents, educators, and businesses eliminate substance abuse.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 25, 2015 at 6:26:52 UTC -