become an editor
the entire directory
only in Children,_Youth_and_Family/Foster_Care
Children, Youth and Family
Foster Care Agencies
Home: Family: Adoption
Home: Family: Foster Care
Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family: Adoption
Casey Family Programs
- Providing direct services for children and youth, with a focus on foster care. Programs, resources, and media center.
Alaska Center for Resource Families
- Provides training, support, and information to foster and adoptive parents in Alaska. Newsletter, foster parent services, and adoption services.
Council of Family and Child Caring Agencies
- An association that uses advocacy and education to enhance foster care, adoption, family preservation, and special education services in New York State.
Family to Family Initiative
- An initiative funded by the Annie E. Casey Foundation to provide child welfare agencies with a foster care system that is neighborhood-based, family-focused, and culturally sensitive.
Foster Care Adoption in the United States: A State-by-State Analysis of Barriers & Promising Approaches
- A report of the National Adoption Day Coalition and the Urban Institute that examines barriers to the adoption process for foster children and potential solutions. [PDF]
Foster Care Alumni of America
- Connects the estimated 12 million adults that share the foster care experience to create a powerful, collective voice to improve foster care.
Foster Care Ombudsman Program of California
- Provides an avenue for foster youth to file complaints regarding their placement, care and services without fear of retribution. Hotline, fact sheets, and information on health insurance for foster youth.
Foster Youth: HHS Actions Could Improve Coordination of Services and Monitoring of States' Independent Living Programs
- A GAO report on the Foster Care Independence Act of 1999 (FCIA), which increased the allocation of federal funds for independent living programs from $70 million to $140 million. [PDF]
Jim Casey Youth Opportunities Initiative
- Seeks to improve outcomes for youth leaving foster care by developing youth leadership boards and community partnership boards. Resources, community partnerships, and legislative updates.
National Adoption Day
- A collective national (USA) effort to raise awareness of the children in foster care waiting to find permanent families.
National Foster Care Month
- Presents activities designed to promote National Foster Care Month. Posters and graphics, ribbon campaign, and information for the media.
National Resource Center for Foster Care and Permanency Planning
- Provides training, technical assistance, and information to child welfare agencies. News, publications, statistics, and state contacts.
Orphan Foundation of America
- A nonprofit organization that advocates for and provides services to foster teens. Information on scholarships, virtual mentoring program, and donation opportunities.
Social Justice By and For Foster Youth
- A collection of resources including organizations and publications that focuses on foster youth leading social change. Based in Olympia, Washington.
Utah Foster Care Foundation
- Serves Utah's children by finding, educating, and nurturing families to meet the needs of children in foster care.
Youth Leadership Advisory Team
- Information for youth in foster care in the state of Maine, including advice about rights and responsibilities. Written by a group of young people in foster care.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 25, 2014 at 23:05:08 UTC -