become an editor
the entire directory
only in Children,_Youth_and_Family/Corporal_Punishment
Children, Youth and Family
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family: Corporal Punishment
Home: Family: Parenting: Discipline
Society: Issues: Education
Society: Issues: Violence and Abuse: Youth
This category in other languages:
Children are Unbeatable!
- United Kingdom-wide alliance of organizations and individuals seeking legal reform to give children the same legal protection against being hit as adults. News, opinion, children's views, membership list, and advice on positive, non-violent discipline methods.
Corporal Punishment in Schools
- For many children around the world, violence was a regular part of the school experience. In some countries, school officials routinely used corporal punishment to maintain classroom discipline and to punish children for poor academic performance. Human Rights Watch works to highlight these abuses.
Corporal Punishment Resources
- Directory of articles, agencies, organizations and websites to find help for and information about corporal punishment and physical punishment of children issues.
Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children
- Multinational initiative by children's rights advocates to end corporal punishment of children across the world. Background, supporters, legal basis, global progress and other information.
Is Corporal Punishment Degrading?
- Essay against flogging, written by Robert Green Ingersoll, in reply to the Dean of St. Paul's Contribution to the North American Review for Dec., 1891.
Parenting in Jesus' Footsteps
- Asserts that corporal punishment of children is wrong, and is contrary to the teachings of Jesus. Includes resources on gentle parenting and an online petition condemning corporal punishment of children.
People Opposed to Paddling Students
- Advocates abolition of corporal punishment in schools and urges parents not spank their children. Includes links to related resources.
Project NoSpank - Parents and Teachers Against Violence in Education
- Articles, essays, cartoons, posters, and other materials about the prevalence and adverse effects of spanking, flogging, and other forms of punishment that are deemed to be abusive.
Repeal 43 Committee
- Advocates repealing section 43 of Criminal Code Canada, which allows corporal punishment of children by parents and teachers. Includes information about supporters, research, law, politics, and FAQs.
Tennesseans for Nonviolent School Discipline
- Member organization seeking to have corporal punishment removed from public schools. Articles about the adverse effects of paddling, and a list of state school systems that do not allow corporal punishment.
World Corporal Punishment Research
- Factual documentation on official corporal punishment in schools, prisons and institutions and as a judicial penalty around the world. Many links and archived reports and even some humor.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, March 12, 2012 5:54:03 AM EDT -