become an editor
the entire directory
only in Children,_Youth_and_Family/Child_Labor
Children, Youth and Family
Society: Issues: Business: Human Rights: Sweatshops
Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family: Advocacy Groups
Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family: Child Soldiers
Society: Work: Labor Movement
This category in other languages:
Abuses Against Child Domestic Workers in El Salvador
- Documents the situation of girls in El Salvador that work as domestics, a form of labor that makes them particularly vulnerable to physical abuse and sexual harassment.
Child Labor and Society
- This site seeks to move beyond just saying "child labor is wrong", to understand the social conditions that lead to children being forced to work.
Child Labor Coalition
- National US network for the exchange of information about child labor; providing a forum and a unified voice on protecting working minors and ending child labor exploitation; and developing informational and educational outreach to the public and private sectors.
Christian Morality: Issue on Child Labor
- Tackles the issue on Child Labor especially in the Philippines, where an estimated 2 million children are compelled to work. It relates the problems caused by child labor, some analysis, and advocacy against the issue.
Free The Children
- Addresses the issue of child labor in developing countries.
Global March Against Child Labor
- Child labor condemns millions of children around the world to a life of servitude. Reports, papers and details of the Global March Against Child Labor which took place in 1998.
- A global nonprofit organization working to end child labor and offer educational opportunities for children in South Asia.
- A website exploring the complex problem of child-labor in India. Includes many pictures.
The History Place: Child Labor in America
- Sixty photographs by Lewis W. Hine the investigative photographer who worked for the Child Labor Bureau.
Human Rights Watch - Child Labor
- Includes information about bonded child labor and the international trafficking of children, and links to detailed reports.
North American Guidelines for Children's Agricultural Tasks
- Offers parents, employers, and educators a resource on assigning agricultural jobs to children 7 to 16 years of age.
- An action programme for the elimination of child labour in the hand knotted carpet industry in eastern Uttar Pradesh, India.
South Africa: Children's Constitutional Rights
- The new Constitution gave children rights which they should use to prepare themselves for the challenges of the future.
Tainted Harvest: Child Labor and Obstacles to Organizing on Ecuador's Banana Plantations
- Report by Human Rights Watch examines child banana workers in Ecuador as the victims of serious human rights abuses.
Turning a Blind Eye: Hazardous Child Labor in El Salvador’s Sugarcane Cultivation
- A report on child labor in the sugarcane plantations of El Salvador.
Child Labor in Pakistan
- Pakistan has recently passed laws greatly limiting child labor and indentured servitude, but those laws are universally ignored, and some 11 million children, aged four to fourteen, keep that country's factories operating, often working in brutal and squalid conditions. (Atlantic Monthly) (February 01, 1996)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 30, 2014 at 9:05:10 UTC -