become an editor
the entire directory
only in Children,_Youth_and_Family/Advocacy_Groups
Children, Youth and Family
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family: Advocacy Groups
Prevent Child Abuse America
Voices for America's Children
Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family: Parents' Rights
Society: Law: Legal Information: Family Law
50 Ways to Save Our Children
- Seeks to benefit children and their families by encouraging philanthropy and public service. Offers several specific activities individuals can do to improve the lives of children.
Action Alliance for Children
- Publisher of the Children's Advocate news magazine covering trends and policy issues affecting children and their families.
Advocates for Children and Youth
- An independent nonprofit promoting the interests of children in Maryland. History and purpose, supporting data, news, opportunities, and donations.
The Afterschool Alliance
- An alliance of public, private, and nonprofit groups committed to raising awareness and expanding resources for afterschool programs.
Agenda for Children
- Seeks to make government work better for children in Louisiana. Child care resources, health insurance initiatives, violence prevention programs, and media notes.
Alliance for Childhood
- Promotes policies and practices that support children's healthy development, love of learning, and joy in living. Information about projects and how to help.
Alliance for Children and Families
- An international membership association representing more than 350 private, nonprofit child- and family-serving organizations.
American Family Rights Association
- An association of parents, concerned citizens, and professionals that seek reforms to Child Protective Services.
American Youth Policy Forum
- Nonpartisan professional development organization providing learning opportunities for policymakers working on youth issues at the local, state and national levels.
Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Private charitable organization dedicated to helping build better futures for disadvantaged children in the U.S. Initiatives are related to reducing teen pregnancy, improving foster care, education reform, alternatives to juvenile detention, neighborhood improvement, and increased public awareness of children's issues.
Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families
- Information on mission to protect and promote through research, education and advocacy the rights and well-being of Arkansas children and their families, to assure that they have the opportunity to lead healthy and productive lives.
Association for Children of New Jersey
- A child advocacy organization. Find information about programs, special projects, news, and events.
Association to Benefit Children
- Children's advocacy group with an array of programs that provide services in education, health, housing, mental health and employment.
Black Administrators in Child Welfare, Inc.
- A non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of African American children in the nation’s child welfare system. Conferences, news, statistics, and training.
The Black Children's Institute Of Tennessee
- State-wide advocacy organization with a focus on the welfare of Afro-American children. Includes public education materials, information about current issues, and an overview of services offered.
British Columbia Child & Youth Advocacy Movement
- A coalition of 40 Provincial Organizations and hundreds of community groups who promote legislation, policy and practice that will enable children and youth to achieve their full potential and to participate in making a better world.
Campaign 2000 - End Child Poverty in Canada
- A cross-Canada public education movement to build public awareness and support for the 1989 all-party House of Commons resolution to end child poverty in Canada by the year 2000.
Campaign For Youth
- Representing more than 1,000 community based and faith based organizations, this national initiative seeks to promote public policy solutions to the issues confronting young people between the ages of 16 and 24.
Canadian Coalition for the Rights of Children
- The Coalition aims to ensure a collective voice for Canadian organizations and youth advocates of children's rights as described in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and the World Summit for Children Declaration.
Center on the Family
- Based at the University of Hawaii at Manoa, the Center provides publications, data, and research on children and families in Hawaii.
Channel One Overview
- A coalition of progressive and conservative groups opposing Channel One's presence in the schools, with extensive links to testimony, data, and activism.
The Child Advocate Network
- Serves the needs of children, families and professionals while addressing medical, educational, psychiatric, legal and legislative issues.
Child and Family Policy Center
- Uses research to improve state and federal policy regarding children and families. News, publications, Iowa projects, and national projects.
Child Care Association of Illinois
- Dedicated to improving foster care, adoption, special education, juvenile justice, and youth homes in Illinois.
Child Labor Coalition
- Provides a forum and a unified voice on protecting working minors and ending child labor exploitation. Develops informational and educational outreach to the public and private sectors.
Child Rights and You (CRY)
- Information on the status of children in India and the organization's efforts to provide them food, clothing, shelter, and education.
Child Welfare League of America
- Children's advocacy organization active in lobbying and humanitarian projects in the US. History and current programs described; links to publications, childrearing resources, and sponsors.
- Dedicated to providing long-term care to needy children worldwide by offering information on child sponsorship and poverty reduction, action alerts, and online donation options.
Children and Armed Conflict Unit
- Database containing up-to-date information on issues about children and armed conflict, including press releases and links to other relevant sites.
Children at Risk
- Seeks to improve the lives of children in the greater Houston, Texas area through advocacy, policy analysis, and research. Issues, data, and publications.
Children First for Oregon
- Dedicated to the wellbeing of each and every child in Oregon. Includes policy agenda, news, data, and publications.
- A nonpartisan, independent voice for children based in California, working to translate the nation's commitment to children and families into action. Provides articles and resources in the areas of Children and the Media, Talking with Kids, and Working Families.
Children's Action Alliance
- Promotes the well being of Arizona's children through advocacy, education, and research. Press releases, fact sheets, legislative agenda, and publications.
Children's Advocacy Institute
- The Institute, which is affiliated with the University of San Diego School of Law, represents the interest of children in legislative, judicial, and administrative matters.
- An advocacy organization dedicated to improving the health, safety, and economic well being of children in Washington state. Offers publications, training opportunities, and resources for advocacy and outreach.
Children's Alliance of New Hampshire
- Advocacy organization that works to improve the health and well-being of children. Vision statement, board of directors, current issues, advocate's toolbox, online resources, and information on the New Hampshire Children's Advocacy Network.
Children's Defense Fund
- Advocacy for American children, particularly poor and minority children and those with disabilities. Issues and programs include: Head Start, Healthy Start, Stand for Children, child care, health insurance, child safety, moral education.
Children's Defense Fund--Minnesota
- Works to provide health coverage for uninsured and underinsured children; affordable child care for working parents; improved, consistent child support; welfare reform that helps low-income families and children; safety for children and reunification for families through reforms to the child welfare system.
Children's Health Alliance of Wisconsin
- Building strong partnerships and coalitions to address emerging children's health issues throughout Wisconsin.
Children's Law Center of Los Angeles, CA
- A nonprofit, public interest legal organization that serves as the voice for abused and neglected youth in one of the largest foster care systems in the nation.
The Children's Partnership
- National research, policy analysis, and advocacy organization focused on children and technology, children's health care, and building a broad constituency to support children's issues.
Children's Rights, Inc.
- Watchdog group dedicated to reforming government child welfare services across the US. Statistics, reports on pending legislation, policy and research position papers, cases, and news.
Children's Trust Fund
- Organization which seeks to eliminate child abuse and strengthen families in Massachusetts through programs, publications, and other resources.
- Seeks to educate Florida's legislature on important issues facing children and families. Events, position papers, and advocacy toolkit.
Colorado Association of Family and Children's Agencies
- An association of Colorado nonprofit child welfare agencies advocating on behalf of at-risk children and families.
Colorado Children's Campaign
- Seeks to improve the health, safety, education, and economic security of children in Colorado. Newsletter, early childhood initiatives, information for the media, and legislative updates.
The Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands
- Seeks to build a growing collection of permanent funds, the income from which will be used to enhance the educational, physical, social, cultural and environmental well-being of the islands' people.
Community Tool Box
- Offers practical guidelines to organizations focused on improving their communities. Topics include leadership, strategic planning, grant writing, and community assessment.
Concerned Educators Allied for a Safe Environment
- Network of parents, teachers, and other concerned individuals, who are dedicated to creating a safe and healthy world for children.
Connecticut Association for Human Services
- Independent, nonprofit organization committed to decreasing poverty, neglect and inequality through public education, research, advocacy, and policy development.
Consultative Group on Early Childhood Care and Development
- A consortium of agencies, donors, NGOs and foundations involved in programming, research, policy advocacy, monitoring and evaluation for young children (0-8) at risk in the developing world.
DC Action for Children
- An independent, non-profit, multi-issue advocacy organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for children living in the District of Columbia. Includes advocacy, resources, and project information.
Defence For Children International
- An independent non-governmental organization working to promote and protect the rights of the child.
Empire State Coalition
- Advocates on behalf of runaway, homeless and street youth in the state of New York.
European Network of Ombudsmen for Children
- Works to encourage the fullest possible implementation of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, and supports collective lobbying for children's rights.
Every Child Matters
- Conducts polls, publishes reports, works with reporters and state children's groups, runs advertising, and conducts campaigns on behalf of children. Initiatives on child abuse prevention, health insurance, after school programs, and early childhood education.
Family Connection Partnership
- Seeks to improve the health, economic well being, and educational outcomes of Georgia's children. Community assistance, state initiatives, and best practices.
Federation for Children with Special Needs
- Resources for parents who care for children with special needs, including links to a nationwide directory of Parent Centers on Disability.
- A national non-profit organization dedicated to helping children in child protective services, criminal and family courts, and foster care systems across the United States.
Hey U G L Y - Unique Gifted Lovable You
- A resource for tweens and teens, providing self-esteem and character development tools and programs. Includes a radio show, in-school presentations and Emotional Learning Activity Plans for schools and youth serving organizations.
Indiana Youth Institute
- Provides tools and information to youth organizations in Indiana. Data, publications, grant tips, and consulting services.
International Bureau of Children's Rights
- An international organization based in Canada that seeks to protect, defend and promote the rights and the welfare of all children. Supports the principles set forth in the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Islamic Family Social Services Association
- Serves the Edmonton community in Alberta, Canada, regardless of their religious denomination, while specializing in Muslim needs. Youth development programs, domestic violence counseling, and food and clothing assistance.
Kids First Fund
- Designed to serve children who are orphans, handicapped, sexually abused, physically abused and pregnant teenagers in developing countries and economies of our world.
Kids In Common
- Aims to improve the lives of children and their families in Silicon Valley by developing community partnerships to promote and protect their interests and serving as an advocate on their behalf.
- A registered UK charity committed to keeping children safe from harm or abuse.
KidsCounsel: Center for Children's Advocacy
- The Center, which is affiliated with the University of Connecticut Law School, uses representation, training, legislative advocacy, and consultation to protect the rights of children.
Love Our Children USA
- Dedicated to fighting child abuse through advocacy, outreach, and education. Publications and resources for parents, kids and teens.
- Raises awareness and resources to combat child sex trafficking.
Maine Children's Alliance
- A non-profit child advocacy organization dedicated to improving the lives of children, youth, and their families.
Massachusetts Citizens for Children
- Aims to elevate children's issues to the top of the public agenda in Massachusetts. News, hotlines, and projects on preventing child abuse and shaken baby syndrome.
- Non-profit organization that promotes a strategy of intervening before problems limit a child's potential. Programs, news, publications, and legislative issues.
The Mississippi Forum on Children & Families
- Uses education, research, and demonstration to strengthen children and families. Child care, health care, and parent education initiatives.
National Association for Multicultural Education
- This site supports efforts in educational equity and social justice and provides resources for students and educators and valuable links to other sites.
National Association of Counsel for Children
- Child advocacy and professional membership association representing children that are involved in the court system as victims of abuse and neglect or subjects of custody, visitation and adoption cases. Information about training and technical assistance, policy advocacy, and events.
National Center for Children in Poverty
- The Center, which is affiliated with Columbia University, produces reports, fact sheets, and press material that highlight strategies to end child poverty in the United States.
National Center for Youth Law
- Seeks to protect abused and neglected children, increase youths’ access to health care and other public benefits, and ensure the fair treatment of youth in the juvenile justice system. News, publications, and contact information.
National Coalition for Child Protection Reform
- Works to make the system better serve America's most vulnerable children by trying to change policies concerning child abuse, foster care and family preservation.
National Family Preservation Network
- Resources to assist child welfare agency professionals in preserving families at risk of having children removed, reuniting removed children whenever possible, and encouraging fathers' involvement in their children's lives.
The National Mentoring Partnership
- An organization that promotes, advocates and is a resource for mentors and mentoring initiatives nationwide.
National Network for Youth
- Dedicated to ensuring that young people can be safe and lead healthy and productive lives.
New Jersey Office of the Child Advocate
- Identifies systemic problems that prevent government or community agencies from achieving positive outcomes for children. Projects, newsletter, hotline, and information on child abuse.
North Carolina Child Advocacy Institute
- Provides news, reports, and resources on issues affecting the well-being of North Carolina's children. Special emphasis on child abuse, health care, education, and juvenile justice.
Oklahoma Institute for Child Advocacy
- Seeks legislative action, changes in public attitudes, and broad constituencies to improve the well being of children in Oklahoma. Legislative agenda, statistics, initiatives, and advocacy tools.
On the Capitol Doorstep (OTCD)
- Provides information on California and federal legislation affecting young children with a focus on child care and development programs.
Pennsylvania Partnerships for Children
- Focuses on the health, early education, and well being of children in Pennsylvania. Legislative updates, publications, calendar, and news.
Philadelphia Citizens for Children and Youth
- Seeks greater funding and support for health insurance, education, transportation, and public benefits for children and families in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area. Health care resources, events, and press releases.
- Aims to improve the quality of life for children and families in Genesee County, Michigan through assessment, public awareness and advocacy. Includes action agenda, statistics, and advocacy opportunities.
Proaction, Cops and Kids
- Provides funding support for community programs run by the Toronto Police Service Community Policing Unit on behalf of kids at risk.
Robert F. Kennedy Children's Action Corps, Inc.
- Provides care, counseling, treatment, education and rehabilitative services for at risk children in Massachusetts.
Santa Fe Boys Triannual Publication
- Presents a fact-based, objective picture of the health, educational and emotional status of boys today in Santa Fe, New Mexico and in the United States.
Save Abandoned Babies Foundation
- Dedicated to publicizing an Illinois law designed to assist women who might otherwise abandon their babies in unsafe places. Offers adoption information, outreach materials, and a hotline.
The Schott Foundation
- Develops and strengthens the movement for equity in education and child care. Funds initiatives aimed at improving public policy and educational and advocacy organizations.
Society for Advocacy of Women and Child Rights
- Advocacy organization based in India that focuses on ending child labor, promoting women's rights, and AIDS awareness.
The Southern Institute on Children and Families
- Seeks to improve health care, child care, and transportation services for children and families in the South.
Sparrow Lake Alliance
- Focuses on advocacy and research to improve the health and well-being of children in Ontario, Canada. Events, task forces, and publications.
StandUp For Kids
- A nationally acclaimed all volunteer nonprofit organization committed to the rescue of homeless and street kids. Working with high risk youth, runaways, children of the night, and throwaways. Twenty outreach program in nine states.
State of Illinois All Kids
- Promotes legislation to provide universal health insurance for children in Illinois. Advocacy, news, and statistics.
- Since 1997, Sunday Friends has met each week empowering hundreds of homeless and very low income families as they have worked with thousands of volunteers to give back to the San Jose community. By engaging in every day activities, children and their parents learn social and economic skills that enrich their lives.
Tennessee Commission on Children and Youth
- Independent agency created by the state legislature to advocate for children and support community efforts to improve the lives of children. Newsletter, data, and legislation.
Terre des Hommes India Programme
- Sponsored by the Germany office of the child advocacy organization. Site constitutes an interactive and educational platform to defend and protect children's rights as defined by the UNCRC, with case studies, news and opinion articles, activity centre, and downloads.
Texans Care For Children
- Devoted to improving the lives of children in Texas. Legislative policy, events, campaigns, and advocacy resources.
Texas Alliance of Child and Family Services
- An association of private child and family welfare agencies in Texas. Advocacy, training, and publications.
UNICEF: Child Rights
- Publications and information on the work of the United Nations Children's Fund and its advocacy for children's rights, survival, development and protection through adoption of the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Provides advocacy, community leadership, and services for women and their families in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and surrounding areas. Child care, domestic violence prevention, and shelter programs.
Westchester Children's Association
- Strives to improve the lives of children in Westchester County, New York by focusing on improved health care, less gun violence, and better foster care services.
Wings For Children
- Devoted to stopping child abuse and finding missing children. Provides free air transportation to sick, poor, and abused children.
World Children's Center
- A planned community for approximately 500 orphaned, neglected and abused children from Georgia, the United States and the world.
- A leading, international, Christian aid organisation that is working worldwide to bring hope and change to communities in need through our relief and development projects aimed at helping children in developing countries.
Wyoming Children's Action Alliance
- Promotes the well being of Wyoming's children through advocacy, education, and leadership. Offers programs designed to improve the quality of child care.
Youth Law Center
- Non-profit, public interest law office that investigates abuse in the child welfare and juvenile justice systems.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 7, 2014 at 17:05:09 UTC -