become an editor
the entire directory
only in Media/Public_Interest
Opinions and Analysis
Regulation and Policy
Broadcasters Public Service
- Website sponsored by trade organization National Association of Broadcasters to publicize public service contributions of broadcast industry.
- Media reform organization promoting policies to produce a more competitive and public interest-oriented media system with a strong nonprofit and noncommercial sector. Includes how to help, a list of organizations, and a calendar of events.
Media Beat by Norman Solomon
- Weekly syndicated column on media and politics, including coverage of media consolidation and its implications. From Fairness and Accuracy In Reporting
National Radio Project
- Non-profit organization committed to investigative journalism, analysis, civic participation. Produces "Making Contact" radio program available online.
Smoke in the Eye
- A 1996 investigation of the controversial "60 Minutes" profile on the tobacco industry. Synopsis, interviews, and links.
What's Local About Local Broadcasting?
- Survey of broadcast programming finds very little local or community oriented programs. 1998 survey by the Media Access Project and Benton Foundation.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 16:52:12 UTC -