become an editor
the entire directory
only in Media/Bias_and_Balance
Bias and Balance
News: Media Industry: Watchdogs
Society: Activism: Media
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Free Speech: Censorship
Coloring the News: How Crusading for Diversity Has Corrupted American Journalism
- Book by William McGowan asserting that political correctness has corrupted American journalism.
- Web editorial on the San Jose Mercury News and what constitutes fair reporting.
Fox Attacks: They Distort, We Reply
- Includes video clips of Fox hosts and guests making outlandish claims such as there are no homeless vets, or various progressives are terrorist sympathizers, and provides commentary and analysis of the "Fair and Balanced" network.
Mainstream Press Misdeeds
- Judi Bari's refutation of mainstream press distorting information about Earth First and other activist groups is laid out at the bottom of this editorial page by Jeff Elliott.
- Focuses most of its attention on the UK 'liberal' media, contending that, despite its leftist appearance, the scope and depth of its coverage are circumscribed by commercial considerations.
News Bias Explored
- Analyzes what news bias is and how it manifests through real examples and interactive activities. Includes some teaching resources.
- Critical look at the current state of journalism. "The Internet's Chronicle of Media Decay."
The Non-rational Citizen
- Author posits people are brainwashed by the mainstream media. Includes additional articles on politics in Canada and some on the US.
- Explores and publicize the extent of censorship in society by locating stories about significant issues which are rarely aired in mainstream media.
Republican Bias in the Media
- Articles and links from website that contends media is biased towards support of Republicans and conservative views.
TV News Lies
- How the media has helped politicians and the US government lie about every issue from Iraq to AIDS funding. Editorials and a call to action.
The Consortium for Independent Journalism - Money, Media & the Mess in America
- Editorial stating that sometime after 2009, when historians pick through the wreckage left behind by George W. Bush’s administration, they will have to come to grips with the role played by the professional conservative media infrastructure. (January 28, 2005)
Bias and Balance
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 19, 2015 at 21:15:08 UTC -