become an editor
the entire directory
only in Human_Rights/Sweatshops
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Business: Human Rights: Sweatshops
Society: Issues: Business: Corporate Accountability
Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family: Child Labor
Society: Issues: Labor: Slavery
- Public Broadcasting Service on battling sweatshops ("Real Audio," is available. Written April 14, 1997 but still of use today.
Big corpations scare museums: Sweatshop Exhibit Delayed.
- U.S. history of sweatshops continues to date. An exhibit was shunned and delayed, until Simon Wiesenthal Center's Museum of Tolerance accepted it in late 1999.
Child Slave Labor News
- Immaculata High School students newspaper on line. This page is about Saipan sweatshops and U.S. firms profiting from that.
CISPES Anti-Sweatshop Campaign
- Compares historic U.S. sweatshops and exposes sweatshops in Central America, focusing on El Salvador
Clean Clothes Campaign
- Organization focused on improving working conditions in the garment and sportswear industry worldwide. Topics includes codes for manufacturers, working conditions, news, publications, and profiles of specific companies.
Co-op America: Sweatshops
- Aims to end sweatshops and child labor; supports fair trade, and international human and labor rights.
Fair Labor Association
- Works with major corporations to improve human rights through agreements with clothing retailers to set minimum anti-sweatshop standards.
Garment Worker Center
- Organization dedicated to organizing and empowering garment workers in Los Angeles.
Maquila Solidarity Network
- Activists organizing "Maquiladora" factories to improve conditions, win a living wage, and campaign against multi-national corporate abuse.
- Promotes knitting as a form of anti-sweatshop protest. Offers an application that generates knitting patterns of corporate logos.
National Labor Committee
- Organization focused on human rights abuses and sweatshops. Provides articles and news releases detailing developments in the anti-sweatshop community.
National Mobilization Against Sweatshops
- NMASS is aimed at fundamentally transforming the sweatshop system according to the needs and human rights of working people.
SWEAT: A Story of Solidarity
- Independent documentary film about the lives of Nike factory workers in Indonesia.
- Organization working to end sweatshop exploitation by inspiring responsible local purchasing and fostering solidarity between U.S. communities and workers worldwide.
- Hearts and Minds nonprofit site. Offers analysis and current links on how the harsh sweatshop conditions stimulate public reactions.
- Minnie Roe conducted an undercover, investigation to report a U.S. firm's sweatshop practices.
Thai Labour Campaign
- Covers labor disputes, worker rights campaigns, as well as labor law in Thailand. Provides original research on migrant workers and sweatshops in South East Asia.
- Verité is an independent non-profit organization monitoring international labor rights abuses in off-shore production sites.
Worker Rights Consortium
- Holds corporations accountable to supporting worker rights by enforcing codes of conduct.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, September 8, 2012 12:45:03 PM EDT -