become an editor
the entire directory
only in Business/Corporate_Accountability
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Business: Corporate Accountability
Business: Investing: Socially Responsible
Business: Management: Ethics
This category in other languages:
- An online magazine and resource center designed to provide activists, journalists, students, teachers and policy makers with an array of tools to investigate and analyze corporate activity. Documents the social, political, economic and environmental impacts of large transnational corporations.
- Global network of culture jammers and creatives working to change the way information flows, corporations wield power, and meaning is produced in society.
Airline On-Time Statistics
- U.S. Bureau of Transportation figures on airline's tardinesses.
- This proposal would prevent the federal government from entering into contracts with companies that are chronic violators of consumer, environmental, labor, tax, antitrust and employment laws.
As You Sow
- Organization promoting corporate accountability - holding corporations accountable for complying with consumer, workplace and environmental laws.
Better Business Bureau of Mainland British Columbia
- Regional example of BBB that focuses on ethical matters of business members for the public.
Boycott Action News
- Green America's "tell it like it is" information about corporations that need to be made more accountable.
Business for Social Responsibility (BSR)
- Provides information, tools, training and advisory services to make corporate social responsibility an integral part of business operations and strategies.
Business in the Community
- A movement of businesses committed to continually improving their positive impact on society through corporate social responsibility.
- Formerly the Valdez Principles, the CERES Principles for environmentally sound business practices were drafted by the Coalition for Environmentally Responsible Economies.
CIBC Centre for Corporate Governance & Risk Management
- Premised on the belief that good governance requires an enterprise-wide view of risk management, the Centre champions a multi-disciplinary approach that supports and promotes specialized and integrative research as well as advanced educational activities.
Corporate Accountability Project
- Researching Corporations section provides links to numerous resources to investigate publicly traded corporations.
Corporate America: The Land of the Greed
- Personal commentary by Evan Stair on the effects of corporate values on small town life.
- C.M.V.Clarkson, Law Professor at University of Leicester has published numerous scholarly papers on corporate accountability. This is one of them.
- Facilitates the movement to enhance wealth creation by transforming corporations into more democratic entities through shareholder activism and empowering boards of directors.
Corporate Social Accountability Handbook
- An unofficial international standard for social accountability initiated by CEPAA (now Social Accountability International) and provided by Ellipson Ltd, a consulting service linked with sustainability. [Document is 17 pages in size] [PDF]
Corporate social responsibility and the law
- Independent consultancy specialising in the legal side of corporate social responsibility CSR. We explore and develop a better understanding of the inter-relationship between CSR and the law.
Corporations and Health Watch
- Provides activists, researchers, health professionals, policy makers and others with information and resources so they can act to change corporate practices that harm health.
- A critical corporate research wiki, focusing on corporate accountability, providing accurate and comprehensive on large transnational corporations.
- European business reference point for social responsibility issues. Includes case studies, publications, current activities and databank search.
CSR360 Global Partner Network
- Global network of not-for-profit organizations working with businesses to improve their positive impact on society.
- Site for alerting and organizing efforts in corporate accountability.
- Newsletter for professionals concerned with corporate social responsibility or for investors. Covers Europe, Americas and Asia Pacific regions.
European Corporate Governance Institute
- Non-Profit Network for European and Comparative Corporate Governance Issues.
The Fair Labor Association
- Nonprofit network which gets major footwear and clothing manufacturers to agree to disclose specific factory names, where in the world their products are manufactured.
Hands-On Corporate Research Guide
- Step-by-step interactive guide to researching corporations on the Internet.
Initiative Against Economic Globalization PRAGUE 2000
- Aims to help citizens' democratic rights to publicly demonstrate in order to bring accountability to bear upon large, multinational corporations.
International Corporate Environmental Reports
- Corporate Accountability vis a vis the environment. English link, site name, Milieujaarverslagen.
The International Labor Rights Forum (ILRF)
- Nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to achieving just and humane treatment for workers worldwide.
- Begun in 1987, enables information and organizing about worldwide concerns with science, technology and society. Genetic engineering by corporations, for example, has been a focus here.
The MacBride Principles
- Principles of conduct for firms doing business in Northern Ireland.
Max Havelaar Switzerland
- Swiss firm promoting and enabling fair trade actions.
Profit vs. Social Responsibility
- Cyber College asks students to calculate the costs / benefits of socially responsible business decisions.
Watered Stock Pyramid Analysis
- Links to articles by Bill Parish about Citicorp, Cisco Systems and Microsoft printing stock with abandon.
What is the OECD?
- Paper on overarching issues affecting corporate accountability. Discusses the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
One Market, Under God
- Thomas Frank, 35, contends that behind the go- go stock market and the feel-good atmosphere, the American economy that bloomed in the 1990's is sick, and that the divide between rich and poor has widened. To read this NY Times interview of him, requires free registration. (December 21, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, February 15, 2013 6:24:04 AM EST -