become an editor
the entire directory
only in Allegedly_Unethical_Firms/WhenU
Allegedly Unethical Firms
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Business: Allegedly Unethical Firms: WhenU
Spyware Company Sues Utah Over Anti-Spyware Law
- Slashdot discussion forum takes up issues surrounding this news.
U-Haul v. WhenU.com, 2003 WL 22071556 (E.D.Va. 2003)
- A Federal Court in Virginia held that WhenU's pop-up ad didn't infringe U-Haul's trademarks and copyrights.
WhenU Spams Google, Breaks Google "No Cloaking" Rules
- Author presents detailed evidence to show that WhenU sends bogus search results to search engines, in violation of search engines' rules.
Whenu.com SaveNow, Enemy of Affiliate Program Members
- Gives example of how affiliate commissions are lost as web site visitors are encouraged to click on their popup offers.
Adware Maker Challenges Utah Anti-Spyware Law
- In its legal motion WhenU is charging that Utah's recently enacted Spyware Control Act violates free-speech guarantees and could unfairly harm its business. [CNET] (April 13, 2004)
Pop-up Seller Loses Round in Court
- "A U.S. district court judge bars WhenU from delivering pop-up ads to some Net visitors, going against decisions in favor of the software maker's controversial marketing tactics." [CNET News] (January 05, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 16:52:08 UTC -