become an editor
the entire directory
only in Allegedly_Unethical_Firms/Monsanto
Allegedly Unethical Firms
Health: Reproductive Health: Birth Control: Intrauterine Devices
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Biotechnology: Genetics: Genetically Modified Food
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Biotechnology: Genetics: Genetically Modified Food: Bovine Growth Hormones
Ethical Investing: Review of Monsanto (Pharmacia)
- Detailed information about Monsanto (Pharmacia) products. New releases. Resources for alternate products. Investing and mutual fund information.
The Fake Persuaders
- Article about Monsanto campaign to create fake people to post on Web sites to discredit scientific findings that may be bad for its image. [Guardian]
Fox TV Fires Its Reporters
- Monsanto allegedly intimidated television producers whose investigative journalists had uncovered problems that would have embarrassed this giant Agri-chemical firm.
Monsanto Abandons Worldwide GM Wheat Project
- In a statement Monsanto acknowledged that there was not a sufficient market to make the introduction of its GM wheat worthwhile. [Guardian]
Monsanto vs Schmeiser
- Profile of the litigation between Percy Schmeiser and Monsanto with regard to Roundup-ready canola. News releases of this an similar cases in Federal Court of Canada.
- News items, special reports, concise summaries of legal issues and pending legislation. Links. Main focus is genetically engineered crops.
Scientific Abuse and Possible Scientific Fraud in Monsanto Research
- Details of abuse in Monsanto's methanol and formladehyde research related to aspartame (NutraSweet).
Stop Monsanto Now
- Volunteer effort on Yahoo Club site by people concerned about the "new" Monsanto's power and motives.
Monsanto's Harvest of Fear
- Feature article on the company's hardball legal tactics against farmers and co-ops, and Monsanto's attempt to disown responsibility for production of toxic chemicals. [Vanity Fair] (May 01, 2008)
Italian Police Raid Monsanto GM Stockpile
- Italy's health authorities suspect Monsanto is illegally distributing genetically modified seed for growing crops. [BBC News] (March 28, 2001)
Monsanto's Greatest Hits
- A chronology of company pursuits over the past 100 years, from Saccharin to "Terminator" seeds. [Metroactive] (May 11, 2000)
US Court Challenge to Monsanto
- Monsanto and several other biotechnology companies are accused of legal wrongdoing in a US court. [BBC News] (December 14, 1999)
GM Spin Doctor, Heal Thyself
- How the genetic modifications debate in the UK has been manipulated by lobbyists, public relations and advertising. Reports that the chair of the Commons Agriculture Select Committee is on the payroll of a Monsanto lobbyist. [FlyingFish] (August 01, 1999)
MM: The Ten Worst Corporations of 1994
- Monsanto is ranked #5 for introducing rBGH. "Monsanto, the company that brought you Agent Orange, has invested over $500 million in rBGH, and it made sure earlier this year that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved it over forceful objections from the scientific community." (December 01, 1994)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 4, 2014 at 8:45:12 UTC -