become an editor
the entire directory
only in Allegedly_Unethical_Firms/Disney
Allegedly Unethical Firms
Business: Arts and Entertainment: Media Conglomerates: Disney
Recreation: Theme Parks: Disney
Society: Issues: Business: Human Rights: Sweatshops
Albion Monitor: Kathie Lee, Disney, and the Sweatshop Uproar
- Controversy about Kathie Lee Gifford's clothing line has thrown harsh light on a TV star accused of profiting from labor at sweatshops. By Norman Solomon.
From Hit to Miss
- How Disney shunned the documentary Fahrenheit 9/11 and lost out on its $100 million revenue because it was "too political", then a week later put out an "antidote" film praised by conservatives, only to have it fail miserably. [The Guardian]
Disney Restates 2001, 2002 Earnings
- "Company cites 'non-material human math error' as the reason behind restatement." [CNN Money] (June 28, 2002)
California Supreme Court Rejects Disney Appeal
- A court decides not to hear an appeal by Disney to slap the media giant with stiff penalties for willfully destroying documents it had been ordered to preserve. [American Reporter] (March 02, 2002)
Pooh Audit May Be Tainted by Conflict of Interest
- "A lengthy and expensive accounting in the battle over royalties on Winnie The Pooh revenues may be tainted, according to sources familiar with the case and court records." By Joe Shea. [American Reporter] (February 27, 2002)
Andersen & Co. Worked on Pooh Case During Shredding at Disney
- The firm that oversaw the shredding of Enron Corporation records was hired in the Winnie the Pooh royalties case, in a period when thousands of pages related to the case were destroyed in violation of a court order. [American Reporter] (February 02, 2002)
Pooh Files, Part 2: "Get Eisner Down Here"
- Disney destroyed thousands of pages of records from its Hong Kong manufacturing arm showing how Winnie the Pooh-related products were made, shipped and licensed. [American Reporter] (January 28, 2002)
The Pooh Files
- "The court battle between the Walt Disney Co. and a Beverly Hills family may be now approaching trial after 11 years, with almost all of the proceedings conducted in total secrecy." By Joe Shea. [American Reporter] (January 18, 2002)
Southern Baptists vote for Disney boycott
- Leaders of the Southern Baptists, the nation's largest Protestant denomination, voted Wednesday to boycott Walt Disney Co. and its subsidiaries for what it called the company's "anti-Christian and anti-family direction." [CNN] (June 18, 1997)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 31, 2013 at 12:00:34 UTC -