the entire directory
only in Issues/Business
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Business
Allegedly Unethical Firms
Globalization and Free Trade
Price Controls and Subsidies
Socially Responsible Investing
Business: Management: Ethics
Society: Issues: Economic
Society: Issues: Fraud
This category in other languages:
- Provides a framework and certification for companies wishing to benefit society as well as their shareholders.
Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School
- Weblog addresses issues such as intellectual property, anti-trust actions, and recording industry policies.
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Covers over 1000 companies, over 160 countries, over 150 topics. The site is composed of links to a wide range of materials published by companies, NGOs, governments, intergovernmental organisations, journalists, academics, etc. It includes reports of corporate misconduct as well as positive examples of "best practice" by companies.
Child Slave Labor News
- Information on companies worldwide that are known to use sweatshop labor and child labor. Also some Good companies. Produced by Immaculata High School students.
- An Ottawa-based non-profit, non-partisan citizen advocacy organization that focuses on democratic reform and government and corporate accountability in Canada.
Expose of The Bilderberg Club
- "...somebody has to take governments' place, and business seems to me to be a logical entity to do it." - David Rockefeller
Fair Trade Federation
- FTF is an association of businesses committed to providing fair wages and good employment opportunities to economically disadvantaged artisans and farmers worldwide. Standards are relevant to corporate operations.
Harvard Business School - U.S. Competitiveness
- Research-led project to understand and improve the competitiveness of the United States: the ability of firms operating in the U.S. to compete successfully in the global economy while supporting high and rising living standards for Americans.
Joho the Blog
- David Weinberger weblog talks about the Internet, online communities, his book "Everything Is Miscellaneous," and occasionally politics.
- Tracks corporate activity, especially in the Third World, focusing on the export of hazardous substances, worker health and safety, labor union issues and the environment.
Robert A. G. Monks
- This former corporate insider and former Maine-based U.S. Congressman has written several insightful looks at how corporations' operations may be inherently destructive to the environment, human beings, and our rights with ideas on improving the situation.
Students against Lethality
- Subscription page of Students for Change, permits networking with other activists on businesses affecting Human Rights.
The Cluetrain Manifesto
- Corporate activists seeking to put a human touch back into the corporate world through the use of technology.
The Fairtrade Foundation
- Seeks to tackle the exploitation of workers in developing countries by giving consumers the opportunity to buy products that guarantee a better deal to producers. Information resources and a report on coffee farmers and international trade.
The One and Only Anti-Music Industry Website
- Analyzes, examines, and exposes what it calls "the tasteless and evil practices of the music industry".
- International coalition against corruption in international business transactions and seeking increased government accountability.
XAT Peaceful Revolution Network
- A barter organization uses XAT units as an alternative to money to purchase goods and services. Writings on the history of money and a Journey guide.
iMedia Connection: How's Your Reputation?
- Article suggests that actively managing what search engines say about your business can head off costly attacks.
undesign - a plan for all seasons
- Reflections on the wisdom of Tibor Kalman, social responsibility, and a designer's role in the digital age.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:37:09 PM EST -