become an editor
the entire directory
only in Whales/Pro-Whaling
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Specific Animals: Whales: Pro-Whaling
Society: Ethnicity: Indigenous People: Issues and Concerns
Society: Law: Legal Information: Indigenous Peoples Law
International Network for Whaling Research
- Keeps members informed about others' research activities, provides notice of upcoming conferences and workshops, sponsors at least one international meeting each year, promotes publication of research on whaling societies, and provides a means by which those active in this research field can solicit and facilitate research cooperation with others having similar interests.
International Whaling Commission
- The intergovernmental body responsible for the conservation of whales and the management of whaling.
Japan Whaling Association
- Learn about the importance of whaling to the Japanese culture, the history of whaling in Japan, facts about whales and whaling, and details about the organisation.
Why do I Support the Whaling?
- Article discussing some of the commonly given reasons for not hunting and killing whales.
ABC News: Save the Whales, Kill a Culture?
- Dean Schabner. The Makah tribe says groups that want to stop their whale hunt are using racist arguments, but the opponents say they just want to save the whales. (May 29, 2002)
Observer: 'You eat cows and pigs, so why can't we eat whales?'
- Anthony Browne in Osaka. "Next week Japan takes on the world to lift the ban on whaling; meet the harpoon hunters who demand the right to kill for profit and accuse the West of double standards." Includes statistics and timeline. UK. (June 24, 2001)
Victoria Times Colonist: Message to Whale-hunt Foes: Indians Can't Live on Nobility
- Groups who historically have hunted whales want to do so again now that the whale populations have risen. Canada. (September 04, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:20:54 PM EDT -