become an editor
the entire directory
only in Whales/Pro-Whaling
Society: Ethnicity: Indigenous People: Issues and Concerns
Society: Law: Legal Information: Indigenous Peoples Law
International Network for Whaling Research
- Keeps members informed about others' research activities, provides notice of upcoming conferences and workshops, sponsors at least one international meeting each year, promotes publication of research on whaling societies, and provides a means by which those active in this research field can solicit and facilitate research cooperation with others having similar interests.
International Whaling Commission
- The intergovernmental body responsible for the conservation of whales and the management of whaling.
Japan Whaling Association
- Learn about the importance of whaling to the Japanese culture, the history of whaling in Japan, facts about whales and whaling, and details about the organisation.
Observer: 'You eat cows and pigs, so why can't we eat whales?'
- Anthony Browne in Osaka. "Next week Japan takes on the world to lift the ban on whaling; meet the harpoon hunters who demand the right to kill for profit and accuse the West of double standards." Includes statistics and timeline. UK.
Why do I Support the Whaling?
- Article discussing some of the commonly given reasons for not hunting and killing whales.
ABC News: Save the Whales, Kill a Culture?
- Dean Schabner. The Makah tribe says groups that want to stop their whale hunt are using racist arguments, but the opponents say they just want to save the whales. (May 29, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 20, 2014 at 11:45:08 UTC -