become an editor
the entire directory
only in Specific_Animals/Whales
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Specific Animals: Whales
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Mammalia: Cetacea
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Conservation: Mammals: Marine Mammals
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Conservation: Mammals: Marine Mammals: Cetaceans
Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Animal Rights: Hunting and Shooting
This category in other languages:
Airlines refuse to carry Norway's whale exports
- Greenpeace secures international blockade of blubber trade as Oslo prepares to resume hunting endangered species in defiance of ban.
- Provides information on research and general information about humpback whales, gray whales, killer whales, northern right whales, bowhead whales, and minke whales.
American Cetacean Society
- The oldest whale conservation group in the world devoted to education in the field of cetacean research and includes whale adventures, fact sheets, newsletters, journals, and adoption programs.
- Working to save dolphin and whale species and offers the latest up-to-date news on whales, and dolphins.
Cape May Whale Watch & Research Center
- Monitors the types of species that come to the area and studies their feeding, migration and breeding habits.
Center for Biological Diversity - Killer Whale
- Offers information on the petition filed to list Puget Sound killer whales as an endangered species.
Center for Coastal Studies
- Educating in the coastal and marine environments, humpback whales, right whales, cape cod, and Stellwagen Bank, includes whale rescue, and research.
Center for Whale Research
- Founded to promote, conduct, and support benign research on cetaceans.
Center for Whale Research: Orcas
- Provides information on research, videos, sounds, and field logistics.
Cetacean Research and Rescue Unit
- Dedicated to the understanding, welfare, and protection of cetaceans. Includes rescue network, educational work, research activities, and how you can help.
Cetacean Society International home page
- Works for the protection of cetaceans worldwide.
Conservation and Development in the Gray Whale Lagoons
- Report identifies activities that could have a negative impact on two gray whale habitats, Laguna San Ignacio and Bahia Magdalena.
The Dolphin Institute
- Dedicated to dolphins and whales through education, research, and conservation, includes scientific papers, research, and testimonials.
- A non-government, non-profit organization, with objectives fixed on investigation, divulgation and conservation of cetaceans. Site is available in both English and Spanish.
Greenpeace Whales Campaign
- Information about whale species, whaling, environmental threats, sanctuaries, and whale watching plus efforts to end commercial whaling.
Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary
- This sanctuary was established to protect the humpback whales. Includes news and events, weather, education, and research.
Hebridean Whale and Dolphin Trust
- Aims to educate the public about whales and dolphins, includes information on research, education, and conservation.
International Marine Mammal Project
- Works to make oceans safe for marine mammals worldwide by including take-action alerts, campaigns, and membership.
Irish Whale and Dolphin Group
- Dedicated to the conservation, research and better understanding of whales. Includes cetacean news, sightings, stranding news, events, and research.
The Marine Connection
- Includes rescues, latest news, campaigns, special events, adoption, education, and information.
Marine Mammal Stranding Center (MMSC)
- Rescues and releases marine mammals and sea turtles.
North Gulf Oceanic Society
- A non-profit organization that specializes in marine mammal research and conservation, and education in Alaska.
NRDC- Whales and Marine Animals
- Includes information on the threats to whales, and on various NRDC-led campaigns to protect them and their natural habitats.
- Dedicated to the conservation of whales and their ocean environment, includes useful information on whales and research.
Oceanic Society and Oceanic Society Expeditions
- Conducts whale watch, participatory research projects, and natural history expeditions for the public.
- Its purpose is long-term study of the orcas which inhabit this area, and evaluation of human impacts on them.
- Includes a detailed mission to stop the Makah whale hunt and other whale saving missions.
Save The Whales
- Includes action alerts, Makah updates, research, adopt a whale, captivity, and marine mammal inventory.
SoundNet - The Newsletter of The Oceania Project
- Includes current news, action alerts, information and research.
Texas Marine Mammal Stranding Network
- Dedicated to understanding and conserving marine mammals. Provides information on research, education, mammal rescue, rehabilitation, and release.
- Site providing cetacean related news and forums.
Welcome to Wild Whales
- Is a resource web site for the cetaceans. It focuses on humpback and killer whale research, as well as conservation and habitat stewardship.
The Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society
- Provides information about how you can help whales, projects and campaigns, publications, sightings and strandings, species guide, and whale watching.
Whale Rescue Team
- Dedicated to the rescue and protection of marine mammals. Includes information on projects and campaigns. California, USA.
The Whaleman Foundation
- Provides information on how to help stop the gray whale hunt, Japanese whaling, and deadly sonar.
- A non-profit organization dedicated to the protection and celebration of whales, includes how you can help, conservation issues, photographs, and whale watching information.
World Whale Police
- Mission is to educate the public about the necessity for marine mammal protection and to raise public awareness of safety through lectures, includes information on stopping the whale hunt.
CBS News: Paper - Japan Offered Bribes, Hookers to Protect Whaling
- Undercover investigation alleges Japanese money and prostitutes offered to small nations in exchange for support of commercial whaling. (June 13, 2010)
NYTimes.com - Angry Japan Lashes Out After Defeat on Whaling
- During a five-day meeting of the International Whaling Commission, the Japanese delegation did not get its way and retaliated by working to deny Arctic natives in Alaska and Russia their traditional whale-hunting quotas. [Requires free NYTimes.com registration to view.] (May 26, 2002)
Usenet alt.animals.whales -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, December 3, 2013 2:19:50 AM EST -