become an editor
the entire directory
only in Specific_Animals/Whales
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Specific Animals: Whales
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Mammalia: Cetacea
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Conservation: Mammals: Marine Mammals
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Conservation: Mammals: Marine Mammals: Cetaceans
Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Animal Rights: Hunting and Shooting
This category in other languages:
Airlines refuse to carry Norway's whale exports
- Greenpeace secures international blockade of blubber trade as Oslo prepares to resume hunting endangered species in defiance of ban.
- Provides information on research and general information about humpback whales, gray whales, killer whales, northern right whales, bowhead whales, and minke whales.
American Cetacean Society
- The oldest whale conservation group in the world devoted to education in the field of cetacean research and includes whale adventures, fact sheets, newsletters, journals, and adoption programs.
- Working to save dolphin and whale species and offers the latest up-to-date news on whales, and dolphins.
Cape May Whale Watch & Research Center
- Monitors the types of species that come to the area and studies their feeding, migration and breeding habits.
Center for Biological Diversity - Killer Whale
- Offers information on the petition filed to list Puget Sound killer whales as an endangered species.
Center for Coastal Studies
- Educating in the coastal and marine environments, humpback whales, right whales, cape cod, and Stellwagen Bank, includes whale rescue, and research.
Center for Whale Research
- Founded to promote, conduct, and support benign research on cetaceans.
Center for Whale Research: Orcas
- Provides information on research, videos, sounds, and field logistics.
Cetacean Research and Rescue Unit
- Dedicated to the understanding, welfare, and protection of cetaceans. Includes rescue network, educational work, research activities, and how you can help.
Cetacean Society International home page
- Works for the protection of cetaceans worldwide.
Conservation and Development in the Gray Whale Lagoons
- Report identifies activities that could have a negative impact on two gray whale habitats, Laguna San Ignacio and Bahia Magdalena.
The Dolphin Institute
- Dedicated to dolphins and whales through education, research, and conservation, includes scientific papers, research, and testimonials.
- A non-government, non-profit organization, with objectives fixed on investigation, divulgation and conservation of cetaceans. Site is available in both English and Spanish.
Greenpeace Whales Campaign
- Information about whale species, whaling, environmental threats, sanctuaries, and whale watching plus efforts to end commercial whaling.
Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary
- This sanctuary was established to protect the humpback whales. Includes news and events, weather, education, and research.
Hebridean Whale and Dolphin Trust
- Aims to educate the public about whales and dolphins, includes information on research, education, and conservation.
International Marine Mammal Project
- Works to make oceans safe for marine mammals worldwide by including take-action alerts, campaigns, and membership.
Irish Whale and Dolphin Group
- Dedicated to the conservation, research and better understanding of whales. Includes cetacean news, sightings, stranding news, events, and research.
The Marine Connection
- Includes rescues, latest news, campaigns, special events, adoption, education, and information.
Marine Mammal Stranding Center (MMSC)
- Rescues and releases marine mammals and sea turtles.
North Gulf Oceanic Society
- A non-profit organization that specializes in marine mammal research and conservation, and education in Alaska.
NRDC- Whales and Marine Animals
- Includes information on the threats to whales, and on various NRDC-led campaigns to protect them and their natural habitats.
- Dedicated to the conservation of whales and their ocean environment, includes useful information on whales and research.
Oceanic Society and Oceanic Society Expeditions
- Conducts whale watch, participatory research projects, and natural history expeditions for the public.
- Its purpose is long-term study of the orcas which inhabit this area, and evaluation of human impacts on them.
- Includes a detailed mission to stop the Makah whale hunt and other whale saving missions.
Save The Whales
- Includes action alerts, Makah updates, research, adopt a whale, captivity, and marine mammal inventory.
SoundNet - The Newsletter of The Oceania Project
- Includes current news, action alerts, information and research.
Texas Marine Mammal Stranding Network
- Dedicated to understanding and conserving marine mammals. Provides information on research, education, mammal rescue, rehabilitation, and release.
- Site providing cetacean related news and forums.
Welcome to Wild Whales
- Is a resource web site for the cetaceans. It focuses on humpback and killer whale research, as well as conservation and habitat stewardship.
The Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society
- Provides information about how you can help whales, projects and campaigns, publications, sightings and strandings, species guide, and whale watching.
Whale Rescue Team
- Dedicated to the rescue and protection of marine mammals. Includes information on projects and campaigns. California, USA.
The Whaleman Foundation
- Provides information on how to help stop the gray whale hunt, Japanese whaling, and deadly sonar.
- A non-profit organization dedicated to the protection and celebration of whales, includes how you can help, conservation issues, photographs, and whale watching information.
World Whale Police
- Mission is to educate the public about the necessity for marine mammal protection and to raise public awareness of safety through lectures, includes information on stopping the whale hunt.
NYTimes.com - Angry Japan Lashes Out After Defeat on Whaling
- During a five-day meeting of the International Whaling Commission, the Japanese delegation did not get its way and retaliated by working to deny Arctic natives in Alaska and Russia their traditional whale-hunting quotas. [Requires free NYTimes.com registration to view.] (May 26, 2002)
Usenet alt.animals.whales -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 9, 2014 at 8:15:10 UTC -