become an editor
the entire directory
only in Farming/Government
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Farming: Government
Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Legal
European Commission: Animal Welfare
- Objective, issues, current and proposed legislation, advice, and inspection and control responsibilities involving the welfare of animals on the farm, during transport and at slaughter. European Union.
European Commission: Food Safety
- Includes introduction, animal health/prevention and control of animal diseases, animal welfare, animal feed safety, food labelling and international food safety issues. Special topics of foot and mouth disease and BSE. European Union.
European Commission: Organic Farming
- Official EU site. Includes info on the definition of organic in both crop and livestock farming, organic farming and rural development, the consumer's choice, regulation, statistics and control measures. Also covers integrated farming.
UK - The Welfare of Battery Hens Regulations 1987
- Legislation as to the requirements of battery cages for laying hens. Hansard.
UK - The Welfare of Livestock Regulations 1994
- Legislation for the keeping of livestock, in particular laying hens, calves and pigs. Hansard.
UK - Welfare of Animals at Slaughter Act 1991 (c. 30)
- Legislation referencing slaughtermen's licences, codes of practice, execution and enforcement of provisions. Hansard.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, April 13, 2013 9:11:31 AM EDT -