become an editor
the entire directory
only in Animal_Welfare/Farming
BSE - Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy
Chats and Forums
FMD - Foot and Mouth Disease
News and Media
Pictures and Videos
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Livestock
Science: Agriculture: Animals
Society: Issues: Environment: Farming
Society: Lifestyle Choices: Veganism
Society: Lifestyle Choices: Vegetarianism
Society: Organizations: Animal Welfare: Rescues and Shelters: Farm Animals
This category in other languages:
- The advantages of natural grass feeding of farm animals. Health benefits, news, and links to suppliers. Washington State, US.
Farm Animal Welfare: the Power Struggle
- The struggle between the differing interests of consumers, farm animals, farmers, retailers, media, politicians, scientists, vegetarians and welfare campaigners.
Foot and Mouth Disease Petition
- Background information and petition for a US policy for vaccination for foot and mouth disease.
Freedom Food (RSPCA)
- Labeled meat, eggs and dairy products assuring the product has come from animals reared, transported and slaughtered in accordance with welfare standards compiled by the RSPCA, which also monitors the program. Includes product availability. UK.
Humane Labeling Program (BC SPCA)
- Developing enhanced humane standards for farm animal husbandry. What it is, goals, standards, news and press releases, how it's funded and links. From the British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Canada.
The National Organic Program (USDA)
- The Rules include livestock welfare. The Final Rule (National Standards on Organic Agricultural Production and Handling), The National List, background and history, upcoming events, training, fact sheets, application for accreditation and commercial availability. From the US Department of Agriculture, US.
World Farm Animals Day - WFAD
- October 2nd is a celebration to get people involved against factory farming. Page describes areas of concern regarding the treatment of domestic species as well as the negative impact of poor animal husbandry practices in rural areas.
BBC News - Farm practices 'threaten health'
- Intensive farming is putting public health at risk, according to a controversial report by the National Consumer Council. (Real Video) (March 11, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 4, 2013 at 6:15:03 UTC -