become an editor
the entire directory
only in Animal_Rights/Fur_Trade
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Animal Rights: Fur Trade
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Livestock: Fur Farming
Recreation: Outdoors: Hunting: Trapping
Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Animal Rights: Hunting and Shooting
A Shocking Look Inside Chinese Fur Farms
- When undercover investigators made their way onto Chinese fur farms recently, they found that many animals are still alive and struggling desperately when workers flip them onto their backs or hang them up by their legs or tails to skin them. When workers on these farms begin to cut the skin and fur from an animal's leg, the free limbs kick and writhe. Workers stomp on the necks and heads of animals who struggle too hard to allow a clean cut.
Coalition to Abolish the Fur Trade
- Includes factsheets and materials used in protesting the fur trade.
Exploration, the Fur Trade and Hudson's Bay Company - Introduction
- This site is about the fur trade in Canada and how it led to the exploration of the country and the formation of the oldest and largest company in Canadian history: Hudson's Bay Company.
Fur Free Alliance: inFURmation
- Information center on the fur fashion trade including its animal welfare and conservation impacts on wild and domestic species.
Fur Information: A Look at the Fur Industry
- Personal page about fur farming and fur trapping includes rebuttals for reasons people give for buying fur. Photos and links to other anti-fur sites.
Fur Is Dead
- Information about the cruelty involved in the Fur industry.
Fur Trade Professionals: Zero Tolerance For Violations | News | YLE Uutiset | yle.fi
- News Article: The wholesaler Turkistuottajat Oyj-Finnish Fur Sales Thursday expressed surprise at videos broadcast late showing abusive conditions at some Finnish fur farms. The company, which sells Finnish furs to the international market, says that long-term efforts have been made to improve the welfare of animals, and violations are not tolerated.
Fur Trade Stories
- A unique presentation of primary and secondary resources found in the collections of Canada's National History Society, HBCA - Archives of Manitoba, The Manitoba Museum, Parks Canada and several First Nations communities.
- Anti-fur facts, photos, the history of the event and links to related sites. From CAFT (Coalition to Abolish the Fur Trade) and LCA (Last Chance For Animals). Not updated since 1999.
- Provides ways to take meaningful action against the fur trade and some easy ways to help prevent the killing of animals for their fur.
- Information and resources to promote and help models that are anti fur.
Respect for Animals
- Campaigns against the international fur trade, both fur farming and trapping. UK.
Wikipedia.org: Fur trade
- Details the history of the fur trade including socio-economic implications, anthropology and more.
Observer: Fur is all the rage as sales rise 35pc
- Retailers believe fur's sudden popularity is partly fuelled by a new generation of consumers rebelling against the anti-fur movement and the political correctness of the Nineties. (November 17, 2002)
Telegraph: Gisele left exposed on catwalk by fur protest
- Campaigners from PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, invaded the runway during the Victoria's Secrets show in New York targeting one of the most prominent models to wear fur since it began to creep back into acceptability in fashion circles. (November 16, 2002)
Telegraph: Pop singer brandishes skinned fox in protest against the fur trade
- The singer Sophie Ellis Bextor and the photographer Mary McCartney, the daughter of the former Beatle, have donated their services to PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) for their campaign against the increasing popularity of fur. (November 12, 2002)
CNN: McCartney backs anti-fur fashion
- The revival of fur on the catwalks for winter 2002 shows that animal rights activists are having difficulty converting the fashion industry. They have a strong advocate in British designer Stella McCartney: "Everything in [my] store and every single garment and accessories that you see is cruelty free in the sense no animal has died to make anything in here." Karl Lagerfeld: "It should be handled in the nicest way but as long as we eat meat and wear leather, I don't even think there is a subject to discuss." (October 29, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, March 30, 2013 6:27:01 PM EDT -