become an editor
the entire directory
only in Animal_Rights/Fur_Trade
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Livestock: Fur Farming
Recreation: Outdoors: Hunting: Trapping
Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Animal Rights: Hunting and Shooting
Fur Free Alliance
- Information on the fur fashion trade including animal welfare and conservation for wild and domestic species.
Fur Information: A Look at the Fur Industry
- 2001 personal page about fur farming and fur trapping includes rebuttals for reasons people give for buying fur. Photos and links to other anti-fur sites.
Fur Trade Stories
- A unique presentation of primary and secondary resources found in the collections of Canada's National History Society, HBCA - Archives of Manitoba, The Manitoba Museum, Parks Canada and several First Nations communities.
HSUS - Fur-Free
- Articles and suggestions from their campaign to end cruelty and killing for fur. From the Humane Society for the United States.
PETA - A Shocking Look Inside Chinese Fur Farms
- PETA's campaign against fur farms in China.
PETA - The Fur Industry
- Information about the cruelty involved in the fur industry.
Respect for Animals
- Campaigns against the international fur trade, both fur farming and trapping. UK.
Wikipedia - Fur Trade
- Crowd-sourced encyclopedia article about the history of the fur trade.
YLE Uutiset - Fur Trade Professionals: Zero Tolerance For Violations
- "The wholesaler Turkistuottajat Oyj-Finnish Fur Sales expressed surprise at videos broadcast showing abusive conditions at some Finnish fur farms." (February 18, 2010)
Nugget.ca - EU Seal Ban 'Another Loss to the Fur Trade'
- "The European Union has banned the import of seal products, and Fur Harvesters Auction Inc. will up the ante by launching a promotional and marketing campaign of its raw seal skins to Russia (not a EU member) and China, the world's biggest market." (July 28, 2009)
New York Times - The War Against the Fur Trade Backfires, Endangering a Way of Life
- Native Canadians discuss the antifur campaigns of IFAW and Greenpeace that began in the late 1960's, and how the "Hollywood rich people, bleeding hearts and self-righteous groups" have killed the Inuit way of life and replaced it with oil, gas and mining interests. Free registration required. (February 04, 2003)
The Observer: Fur is all the rage as sales rise 35pc
- Retailers believe fur's sudden popularity is partly fuelled by a new generation of consumers rebelling against the anti-fur movement and the political correctness of the Nineties. (November 16, 2002)
Telegraph: Gisele left exposed on catwalk by fur protest
- Campaigners from PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, invaded the runway during the Victoria's Secrets show in New York targeting one of the most prominent models to wear fur since it began to creep back into acceptability in fashion circles. (November 16, 2002)
Telegraph: Pop singer brandishes skinned fox in protest against the fur trade
- The singer Sophie Ellis Bextor and the photographer Mary McCartney, the daughter of the former Beatle, have donated their services to PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) for their campaign against the increasing popularity of fur. (November 12, 2002)
CNN: McCartney backs anti-fur fashion
- The revival of fur on the catwalks for winter 2002 shows that animal rights activists are having difficulty converting the fashion industry. They have a strong advocate in British designer Stella McCartney: "Everything in [my] store and every single garment and accessories that you see is cruelty free in the sense no animal has died to make anything in here." Karl Lagerfeld: "It should be handled in the nicest way but as long as we eat meat and wear leather, I don't even think there is a subject to discuss." (October 29, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 31, 2016 at 12:45:03 UTC -