become an editor
the entire directory
only in News_and_Media/2003
Animal Experiments - Vivisection
News and Media
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Animal Experiments - Vivisection: News and Media: 2003
Huntingdon Life Sciences
Guardian Education: Government backs vivisection
- Polly Curtis. The government today gave its support to vivisection, following the publication last year of a controversial report by an all-party select committee of peers that said animal experiments were needed for medical progress. Animal Aid disagrees.
Guardian: Tests on animals vital for science - minister
- The government and Lords differ on freedom of information about animal experiments, and how research into the three R's should be funded.
Observer: Snubbed honours scientist 'to quit'
- Robin McKie. Professor Colin Blakemore, head of the Medical Research Council (MRC), during a meeting with Science Minister Lord Sainsbury last week announced he will quit his post unless the Government pledges to reform the honours system and publicly and unequivocally back all scientists who use animals in their work. It is believed it was pressure from the Prince of Wales that he was snubbed for a knighthood several days ago.
Scotsman: Scientist threatens to quit over lack of backing for vivisection
- Rhiannon Edward. A senior government scientist threatened to quit yesterday if ministers failed to back experiments on animals. Colin Blakemore, the head of the Medical Research Council, (MRC) spoke out after reports that he was not put forward for an honour because of his support for the work. (December 23, 2003)
Telegraph: Ultimatum to Blair on animal experiments
- Roger Highfield, science editor. Prof Colin Blakemore, the nation's most senior medical scientist, threatened to quit yesterday unless the Prime Minister restated the Government's support for the need to conduct experiments on animals. (December 23, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 12:01:55 PM EDT -