become an editor
the entire directory
only in Animal_Experiments_-_Vivisection/Government
Animal Experiments - Vivisection
Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Legal
The Animal Procedures Committee
- A non-departmental public body appointed to advise the Home Office on matters concerned with the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986, relating to any experimental or other scientific procedures applied to a protected animal which may have the effect of causing that animal pain, suffering, distress or lasting harm; and also, to examine other related subjects considered worthy of further study. Press releases, work in progress, annual report, cost/benefit assessments and emerging biotechnologies. UK.
- Helps establish acceptable standards of humane animal care and treatment; monitors and achieves compliance with the Animal Welfare Act through inspections, education, and cooperative efforts. News, press releases, notices, policity manual, FAQ. USDA/APHIS. US.
Animal Welfare Act and Regulations
- Full text, amendments, rules and FAQ for biomedical research institutions. USDA. US.
Animal Welfare Information Center (AWIC)
- Resources to help those working with laboratory, farm and exhibit animals to comply with the Animal Welfare Act. AWIC Bulletin, AWIC Workshops, government and law resources, publications, alternatives and searches, news and information, databases and related links. USDA. US.
Council of Europe: Convention for the Protection of Vertebrate Animals Used for Experimental and other Scientific Purposes
- Information of the treaty (ETS 123), including the full text, chart of signatures and ratifications, list of declarations and reservations, summary and explanatory report.
Council of Europe: Protocol of Amendment to the European Convention for the Protection of Vertebrate Animals Used for Experimental and other Scientific Purposes
- Information of the treaty (ETS 170), including the full text, chart of signatures and ratifications, list of declarations and reservations, summary and explanatory report.
House of Commons - Criminal Justice and Police Bill
- Hansard. Membership of committee, latest version of the Bill and report of proceedings.
The Interagency Coordinating Committee on the Validation of Alternative Methods
- ICCVAM organizes the evaluation and approval of alternative toxicological methods that reduce, refine, reduce, or replace the use of animals while introducing reductions in cost and/or time throughout multiple US Federal Government agencies. US.
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- An agency of the US Department of Health and Human Services. It is one of the world's foremost medical research centers and the Federal focal point for health research. As the steward of biomedical and behavioral research for the Nation, its mission is science in pursuit of fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and the application of that knowledge to extend healthy life and reduce the burdens of illness and disability. USDHHS. US.
National Toxicology Program (NTP)
- Background, factsheets, testing information and study results, grants, NTP Evaluation Centers (including Alternative Toxicological Methods), how regulatory agencies use NTP data, announcements, meetings and publications, chemical health and safety information. Links to other governmental programs, such as National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR). USDA and NIH. US.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 29, 2014 at 21:45:07 UTC -