become an editor
the entire directory
only in Pro-Choice/Organizations
Health: Reproductive Health: Clinics and Services: Abortion
Society: Issues: Family Planning: Organizations
Abortion Clinics OnLine
- US and international listings of abortion clinics with websites, plus information on abortion procedures and issues, patient instructions, aftercare, gynecology, birth control, emergency contraception, and medical abortion with Methotrexate and Misoprostol.
Abortion Law Reform Association
- Active since 1936 to enshrine in UK law and in practice a woman's right to safe, free and legal abortion based upon her own informed choice.
Access Women's Health Justice
- Works to ensure California low-income women are informed and supported to make the right reproductive choice through direct services, advocacy and community education, and combatting disinformation.
ACLU: Reproductive Rights
- News updates, issue statements, resources, and American Civil Liberties Union actions related to reproductive choice, including access to abortion.
Association of Reproductive Health Professionals
- Pro-choice medical organization with the mission to educate healthcare professionals and the public on all reproductive topics.
British Pregnancy Advisory Service
- Supports reproductive choice by advocating and providing services to prevent or end unwanted pregnancy with contraception or by abortion.
Brooklyn Pro-Choice Network
- Organization supporting women's choice as to when and if to bear children. Local articles and related Web links.
Californians for Responsible Choices
- Group providing California voters with non-partisan information about the voting records and positions of candidates on pro-choices issues.
Canadian Federation for Sexual Health
- National organization advocating access to sexual and reproductive health services, education, abortion and contraception; formerly Planned Parenthood Federation of Canada. Information resources, news, other prochoice links.
Catholics for Choice (CFC)
- Works in partnership with reproductive health, interfaith and Catholic church reform groups that share the commitment to safe, legal reproductive health care and women's equality.
Center for Reproductive Rights
- An independent, non-profit legal organization dedicated to ensuring that all women have access to appropriate and freely chosen reproductive health services.
Children by Choice Association
- Promoting women's right to safe, legal abortion. For women, by women. Based in Queensland, Australia.
- An organization to provide ongoing support to emerging pro-choice leaders.
Civil Liberties and Public Policy Program
- A student group at Hampshire College in Massachusetts with programs aimed at encouraging activism and leadership of young people in the reproductive rights movement.
Clara Bell Duvall Reproductive Freedom Project
- A Philadelphia-based pro-choice advocacy organization attempting to bridge the gap between academic and activist communities. Topical factsheets on abortion and related topics and information about research, educational films, and other initiatives.
Education For Choice
- A charity in the UK that provides education and training resources on abortion from a pro-choice perspective.
- Supporting pro-choice Democratic women candidates running for Congress and governor.
Family Planning Advocates of New York State
- Advocacy organization supports a full range of reproductive choices, including access to abortion. News and organization position statements.
Feminist Majority Foundation Campus Program
- Chat with professional organizers, other activists, discuss current issues, access feminist resources online.
Feminist Majority Foundation: Reproductive Rights
- Contains links, news articles, action alerts, and reports on the FMF's National Clinic Violence Survey.
- Affiliate of pro-choice Planned Parenthood Federation of America. Researches issues related to sexuality, reproduction, contraception, and abortion. Publishes a journal called Family Planning Perspectives.
Indiana Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- Bringing the moral power of religious communities to ensure reproductive choice and health through education and advocacy, the IRCRC is the voice of mainstream Hoosiers of faith.
Indigenous Women's Reproductive Justice Program
- Information and position paper on restoring reproductive control to Native American women--rejecting both coerced sterilization and the denial of family planning services.
Juneau Pro-Choice Coalition (JPCC)
- Promotes public awareness through education and advocacy of the importance of preserving a woman's right to self-determination of her reproductive life. States all women should have access to safe and legal reproductive health services. Based in Juneau, Alaska.
Just Say Yes: Coalition for Positive Sexuality
- Information for teens about abortion and the issues surrounding it.
Kentucky Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- Religious pro-choice organization with newsletter, clergypersons' perspectives on abortion, information about the organization's activities, and links.
Life and Liberty for Women
- Non-profit organization dedicated to abortion rights education. Includes newsletters, details of speakers and graphic photograph of self-induced abortion death.
Maryland National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League
- Pro-choice, statewide organization that uses political process to guarantee all women the right to choose.
Medical Students for Choice
- Network of medical students, residents, and physicians supporting abortion training and family planning education. [PDF]
- Concerned about loss of abortion services and other reproductive health care from hospital mergers that impose religious rules on hospitals that are taken over.
- Affiliate of the National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League. Minnesota's largest grassroots pro-choice advocacy organization.
- The Ohio affiliate of the National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League. Dedicated to protecting every woman's right to choose.
NARAL Pro-Choice California
- Extensive information on reproductive choice and related issues, state legislation news, voters guides, newsletter and online contributions.
NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts
- Educates the public on issues affecting reproductive choice, trains and organizes individuals to participate in the political process, lobbies for pro-choice legislation, and works with communities to ensure accessible reproductive health services.
NARAL Pro-Choice New York
- Committed to protecting access to safe, legal abortion and to expanding the full range of reproductive rights for all New Yorkers regardless of age or income. Reproductive rights information, research, resources, and opportunities to get involved in the pro-choice movement in New York State.
NARAL Pro-Choice North Carolina
- Grass roots organization supports a woman's right to make her own reproductive choices. Features issues, FAQs, action alerts, news.
NARAL Pro-Choice Washington
- Uses the political process to protect repoductive choice in Washington state, working to elect pro-choice legislators and lobbying on legislation.
National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League
- National organization advocating for and providing comprehensive information on reproductive rights in the U.S. Numerous local affiliates.
National Abortion Federation
- Professional association for abortion practitioners. Offers information on abortion, clinic violence, and pro-choice views on related issues.
National Network of Abortion Funds
- Association of US organizations providing financial assistance to women seeking abortions. Discusses abortion funding issues, lists member funds, offers support and technical assistance to local funds, and solicits contributions and other support.
New Mexico Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- Ensures reproductive choice through the moral power of religious communities and counters the "religious right's" attack on reproductive choice in New Mexico.
NOW Reproductive Rights and Justice
- The National Organization for Women has a list of pro-choice resources, a list of their pro-choice activities, and a list of pro-choice activities that individuals can participate in.
Ohio Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- Aims to bring the moral power of religious communities to bear to insure reproductive choice through education and advocacy.
Physicians for Reproductive Health
- Organized to enable concerned physicians to take a more active and visible role in support of universal reproductive health.
Planned Parenthood Mar Monte
- Has 34 clinic locations in California and Nevada. FAQs, clinic details, teen information, job vacancies and activism resources.
The Power of Choice Project
- A group of concerned citizens who share the goal of activating supporters of reproductive freedom and educating the public through film. Watch and download films on reproductive rights for free.
Pro-Choice Action Network
- Based in Vancouver, BC. A political and educational advocacy group for women's right to choice on abortion. Quarterly newsletter focused on reproductive choice in Canada.
- A pro-women, pro-Chioce organization in Kansas promoting candidates who believe in reproductive freedom and defeat any harmful legislation that would potentially turn back the clock on women's rights.
- A grassroots coalition of reproductive rights activists and women's health care providers dedicated to making abortion and reproductive health care accessible to all women.
Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- Coalition of more than 40 denominations and faith groups educates and promotes issues of reproductive choice. Includes information on religious views in support of abortion rights.
The Republican Majority for Choice
- Provides a home and a voice for pro-choice Republicans.
Republicans for Choice
- Organization with goal to "rebuild the pro-choice movement in the U.S. Republican Party." Not affiliated with the Republican Party.
South Jersey Clinic Defense Coalition
- New Jersey group provides front-lines abortion clinic defense as well as pro-choice information, resources and humor.
Spiritual Youth for Reproductive Freedom
- Promotes interaction among pro-choice students, young adults, clergy, and religious leaders of all faiths. Information about activities and views.
StiSAN - Dutch Abortion Clinics Foundation
- Umbrella organization of Netherlands abortion clinics. Includes history of abortion access in the country, national statistics, clinic directory, and news and information about reproductive choice matters.
University Choice Coalition
- A student organization at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities dedicated to promoting reproductive freedom.
Westchester Coalition for Legal Abortion
- Dedicated to preserving abortion rights in America. Site features a pro-choice newsletter.
Women on Waves
- Organization using a Dutch ship to provide abortion services in countries where this is difficult or illegal. Full details of activities and facilities with media section.
Women's Reproductive Rights Assistance Project (WRRAP)
- Raises money for low-income women of all ages, ethnicities, and cultural backgrounds who are unable to pay for either emergency contraception or a safe and legal abortion. Supports clinics all over the United States.
Abortion Rights Group Plans a New Focus and a New Name
- New York Times reports that the National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League is changing its name to Naral Pro Choice America. Also discusses planned advocacy campaigns. [Requires free registration.] (January 05, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 15, 2014 at 12:05:19 UTC -