become an editor
the entire directory
only in Abortion/Pro-Choice
Products and Services
Health: Reproductive Health: Clinics and Services: Abortion
Pro-Choice Public Education Project
- A collaboration of nearly 50 pro-choice organizations working together to reach, educate, and energize young people about choice.
The Aborted Contract and the Right to Life
- Essay presenting the pros and cons of the abortion debate from the vantage point of social contract theory.
Abortion and Reason
- Essay attempting to apply logic to the abortion question instead of emotion.
Abortion and Women's Reproductive Self-Determination
- In-depth, extensive examination of the issue of abortion from religious, historical, scientific and moral/ethical perspectives.
Abortion Clinic Days
- Stories of a counselor in an abortion clinic, with reflections on the threat to choice from recent political decisions.
- Campaigning for legal reform and the provision of easily accessible, woman friendly, NHS funded abortion services in the UK.
The Abortion Rights Struggle: Prochoice vs. Anti
- A pro-choice website "letting pro-choice and anti-choice activists make their case in their own words" through quotations and links.
Abortion: Teaching Why as Well as How
- Medical educators offer their perspectives on the social and health benefits of abortion and the need for younger health care professionals to understand the importance of safe abortion.
Civil Liberties and Public Policy Program
- A national program located at Hampshire College in Amherst, MA, which acts as a resource to the academic community and the reproductive rights movement and makes links between the two.
Feminist Majority Foundation - National Clinic Access Project
- Organization leads efforts to keep women's health clinics open in the face of violence and harassment by abortion opponents.
Feminist Women's Health Center
- Description of abortion procedures, reasons why women seek abortion, personal abortion stories, FAQs.
I'm Not Sorry
- Offers women sharing their positive experiences with abortion. With news, FAQ, archive, forum, and links.
Issue in Focus: Reproductive Rights
- The Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism presents news, action alerts, and views on abortion and related issues.
Partial Birth Abortion
- An essay written by pro-choicers, describing how they view both sides of the issue.
Pro Abortion is Pro-Life; Anti-Abortion is Anti-Life
- Includes essays, FAQ, links and a forum. Advocates that a child cannot acquire any rights until it is born.
Pro-Choice Northern Ireland
- Pro-Choice discussion group focusing on the issue of abortion in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Pro-Truth.net - The ABC' s of Abortion
- Calls abortion an issue of religious freedom, the motives of anti-abortion activists to be political, exposes Christian anti-abortion hypocrisy, and presents evidence that true personhood begins at birth.
Refuse and Resist: Abortion on Demand and Without Apology
- Collection of news stories, issue papers, and other materials for reproductive freedom activists.
Reproductive Rights: Body Politic
- The American Prospect's archive of political articles and debate supporting reproductive rights. From 2000 and onward.
Sacred Choices: The Right to Contraception and Abortion in Ten World Religions
- Ethicist Daniel Maguire and other scholars discuss moral and religious perspectives on reproductive choice.
Salon - How George Bush Will Ban Abortion
- States that Bush is planning for a total ban on abortions, enacted incrementally.
- Provides facts on the Supreme Court decision and subsequent legislation, gives stories by women who needed abortions, and chronicles the Bush Administration's actions against abortion and birth control.
- Essay by teenager on why she had an abortion, information on procedures, facts, journal, plus stories and opinions from others.
Voice for Choice
- Campaign for abortion on request throughout the United Kingdom. Web site has information about UK abortion law, news, and other information.
Wikipedia - Death of Savita Halappanavar
- Crowd-sourced encyclopedia article about the woman in Ireland who died from a miscarriage at 17 weeks because the Catholic hospital refused to follow best medical practice.
New York Times - Bishops Sued Over Anti-Abortion Policies at Catholic Hospitals
- The American Civil Liberties Union, on behalf of a Michigan woman, is suing Catholic bishops, arguing that their anti-abortion guidelines to affiliated hospitals are leading to medical negligence. (December 02, 2013)
The Nation - Roe = Dred
- George W. Bush's "strict constructionism" means overturning Roe v. Wade, says Katha Pollitt. (October 13, 2004)
Mother Jones - Pro Life, No Choice
- Article by Pam Squyres explains how Catholic heath care chains are absorbing a growing number of small-town hospitals, leaving local women with nowhere to go for services from abortions to fertility treatments. (June 01, 2000)
Legalized Abortion and Crime
- Paper in the Quarterly Journal of Economics, explores the possibility that legal abortion has contributed to dropping crime rates in the United States. (April 01, 2000)
Usenet alt.abortion -
Usenet alt.support.abortion -
Usenet talk.abortion -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 18, 2015 at 8:45:06 UTC -